Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CBS are anti's

(Mercer County)

Default CBS are anti's

I was listening to CBS sports radio this morning. Around 8am radio host Maggie Grey was explaining all the things fans aren't allowed to bring to the horse race today. At the end she said "and you can't bring weapons, isn't that a given? People leave your weapons at home everywhere, not just the races"

Default Re: CBS are anti's

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield724 View Post
    I was listening to CBS sports radio this morning. Around 8am radio host Maggie Grey was explaining all the things fans aren't allowed to bring to the horse race today. At the end she said "and you can't bring weapons, isn't that a given? People leave your weapons at home everywhere, not just the races"
    So in your opinion, if someone says guns are not allowed somewhere and it is a verified fact, they are an anti?

When you next go to court, don't bring your guns..

There you go, I am now an Anti!

Get real!

I am guessing the person who said bringing rifles to a restaurant was just weird.. makes the NRA Anti too.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Clearfield County)

And in other news

The sky is blue

McDonald's sucks

Women are crazy

Ice makes stuff cold

Rosie O'Donnell is unattractive

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    So in your opinion, if someone says guns are not allowed somewhere and it is a verified fact, they are an anti?

When you next go to court, don't bring your guns..

There you go, I am now an Anti!

Get real!
    She said "leave your weapons at home everywhere you go". Not only the race. Making it sound like it's socially uncommon to carry a weapon. CBS = media anti

(Lancaster County)

How long had you been comatose?

She said "leave your weapons at home everywhere you go". Not only the race. Making it sound like it's socially uncommon to carry a weapon. CBS = media anti
    As a general rule, all Media types are going to report things that make a sensation.
    Reporting that the asphalt on highways is gray to black is not going to sell anything. They report and post things that people will react to.

People who, like you, rebuke news agencies every time they write, report, post something, are not helping this. believe it or not, CBS and other news agencies pay millions every year to have the web scrubbed, they have tools that sniff their links out and they come to read how people react to their reports.
    By being negative unto them, you are actually giving them fuel. I suggest an other way to look at this.
    Perhaps contact CBS news, and show them where it is socially correct to carry in most places, suggest they post the link to the event (Race you say) where their rule for admittance is that guns will not be allowed on site.

Suggest they offer an alternative to bringing a gun inside the event.
    Make the journalist see that sometimes, some of us want to comply with rules but unfortunately, it is not always possible.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood

I would have edited the last post but decided to add here, IF you are talking about the Belmont Stakes NY

Here are the admission rules to enter the site http://www.belmontstakes.com/experie...sion_info.aspx

Taking in note this is New York where guns are already shunned.. would her comment be so out of place?

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Clint Eastwood

(Wayne County)

Your profile does not give your age but back I was young we had a saying, NO SHIT SHERLOCK. Just in case, NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, ARE ALL ANTI!! Got it?

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Your profile does not give your age but back I was young we had a saying, NO SHIT SHERLOCK. Just in case, NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, ARE ALL ANTI!! Got it?
    Thanks. I honestly did not know that. No exaggeration. I learned something new today. I don't watch the news or read it so I was unaware of them being antis

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Add the taxpayer funded PBA, and NPR. Plus the New York Times, Washington Post, our own Inquirer, WIP, ESPN, most other newspapers, AP, Reuters, etc.

There are very, very few media outlets that are pro 2A, and legal gun ownership, and carry.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast