Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Open letter to Barack Obama

AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA

Dear President Obama:

You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me.

You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.

You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support.

You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American.

You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll.

You scare me because you have never had military experience, thus don't understand it at its core.

You scare me because you lack humility and 'class', always blaming others.

You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail.

You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the 'blame America' crowd and deliver this message abroad.

You scare me because you want to change America to a European style country where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector.

You scare me because you want to replace our health care system with a government controlled one.

You scare me because you prefer 'wind mills' to responsibly capitalizing on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves.

You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world.

You scare me because you have begun to use 'extortion' tactics against certain banks and corporations.

You scare me because your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals.

You scare me because you will not openly listen to or even consider opposing points of view from intelligent people.

You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient.

You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything you do.

You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaughs, Hannitys, O'Relllys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of view.

You scare me because you prefer controlling over governing.

Finally, you scare me because if you serve a second term I will probably not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years.

Lou Pritchett

Lou Pritchett, is a well-known public speaker who retired after a successful 36-year career as the VP World Sales for Proctor and Gamble.

Default Re: Open letter to Barack Obama

lou is now on the domestic terrorist list
    FJB

(York County)

For what it's worth, Snopes verifies the letter.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/youscareme.asp

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    lou is now on the domestic terrorist list
    Have we organized a "welcome to the list" party for him yet?

(Bucks County)

Anybody else remember when we as Americans were not a bunch of 'scared' little girls?

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    Anybody else remember when we as Americans were not a bunch of 'scared' little girls?
    bout 8 years ago, spetember wasn't it?

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    For what it's worth, Snopes verifies the letter.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/youscareme.asp

I actually wrote Lou when this first came out, as another website I was on was posting a "feel-good" letter a day from anonymous teachers who couldn't spell, etc...and I thought it was bunk due to job credentials not matching up.

Lou wrote back inside of 5 minutes and said the letter he sent to the NYT was never published by them, but someone had obviously leaked "the spirit of it"...though the exact version he sent has never made the internet rounds. The credential given (VP world sales) was a title he held long before many promotions/retirement, so he was curious as to how that got there.

He was absolutely shocked that it (watered-down version) received the legs that it did.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by cigarmanpa View Post
    bout 8 years ago, spetember wasn't it?
    Thank God Flight 93 hadn't checked their testicular fortitude, else we'd have no Capital.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by ALS View Post
    Lou Pritchett, is a well-known public speaker who retired after a successful 36-year career as the VP World Sales for Proctor and Gamble.
    If that's what Lou came up with as a "well-known public speaker" I suggest he crack open a copy of How to Win Friends and Influence People.

The important part that he forgot was:

"I'm scared of you because you want to do things that will hurt this country and have figured out how to communicate them in a way most people relate to, instead of letters like this one."

I mean really--if this is the best a retired VP of Sales for P&G can do, it's a damn good thing the democratic machine ain't hawking Colgate and Tide, because Crest and Downy'd be in trouble.

This is indicative of the reasons the Republican party is in the shitter, BTW.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast