Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: HOLY COW!

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Default HOLY COW!

The "fudds" at huntpa.com and their comments they made today about OC! I just have to cross post these, I have not seen much wackier responses directed with such venom towards me! WTF is with these people? By their reasoning and logic, THEY shouldn't be owning any guns. I wouldn't trust any of these wackjobs, anyone with that much venom...( shakin' head)

This is page 9 of the discussion. All I did was post pics of the ladies OCing at Lancaster, since I was so proud of all us ladies carrying.

link to beginning of thread: http://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbt...7&nt=9&fpart=1
    I have bolded some comments including my own that they responded too, and added a few comments of my own in the magenta color, as I could never respond to them this way at that board.

Re: open carry ladies in PA (pics) [Re: campinfamily]
    foxtrapperwoman foxtrapperwoman
    Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: MD/PA line,below york co There is no gun registry in PA.

Yes, those who open carry, carry loaded guns, otherwise it's a paperweight. With exceptions- unlisc OC in Utah cannot have a chambered round or round under the hammer in a revolver, and CA unlisc OC the mag must be seperate from gun, no chambered round, or a revolver unloaded, speed loader seperate.

I have heard of some negligent discharges done by concealed carriers while carrying, but so far haven't heard of an OCer doing same. Gun is holstered, and OCers are as a whole a responsible high IQ group from the ones I know.

If you read the Heller Vs DC notes by Justice Scalia, you will see his research on orginal intent of "right to bear arms" is open carry. In the olden days concealed carry was frowned upon and seen as something outlaws do, as they are hiding something. Open carry was seen as showing honesty and integrity. Crooks don't open carry.

Also, why do cops open carry if concealed carry is "so much better"?

Did any of the anti open carry people here even look at the thread link I posted yesterday for opencarry.org? The one about trashy people behaving when they noticed the OCer? How a bunch of obnoxious homeless people have left an area after a guy has been OCing there? The guy who walks around his apt complex with his .45 and maglite and makes the druggies scatter? Dig even deeper at that site and you might find the post about the OC guy in VA who has MS13 gang members move aside on sidewalks to let him pass. No doubt about it, open carry deters criminals, and commands respect from trashy people. The only people who seem to hate OC are a handful of cops, anti gunners, and the " concealed carry only!" crowd. Oh yeah and I am sure criminals hate OC too- dangit those armed citizens! Hows one to keep their drug corner in suburbia when some what-the-is-he guy keeps walking by every day with his Glock on his hip?

Top Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote Notify Email Post

#1115664 - Today at 03:02 PM Re: open carry ladies in PA (pics) [Re: foxtrapperwoman]
    moosemike moosemike
    old hand

Loc: lebanon PA Also, why do cops open carry if concealed carry is "so much better"?

Because CC offers them no advantage. Everyone already knows Police are armed.

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote Notify Email Post

#1115700 - Today at 03:29 PM Re: open carry ladies in PA (pics) [Re: foxtrapperwoman]
    DaveT DaveT
    Pooh-Bah

Loc: PGH Originally Posted By: foxtrapperwomanThere is no gun registry in PA.

FTW...What planet are you living on? Do you honestly believe this nonsense?

I can tell you that I have spoken to Pa. State Police that can call in the S\N of a gun, and they can get the last registered name of that gun. No list eh?

I can tell you that I have spoken to Pennsylvania Sales Tax Auditors who have told me that the Sales tax division has constantly requested the list of handgun owners from the PSP. Of course, the PSP will not provide the Tax division with this list....after all....how can you provide this list when it's illegal to keep this list to begin with? But....they all know that there is "the list."

No list.....Yeah ....right.. ....not list....

Dave

#1115703 - Today at 03:33 PM Re: open carry ladies in PA (pics) [Re: DaveT]
    DaveT DaveT
    Pooh-Bah

Loc: PGH Oh yeah...BTW, today in Pittsburgh (4-4-09) three policemen have been shot to death by a crazy man in Stanton Heights.

Me thinks if you were to walk by with your "Open Carry" policy FTW, we would also see your name in the headlines.

But then, maybe the guy would have seen your big gun in your big holster and ran to the closet and cried like a baby...eh?

Dave
    Does he know he is talking to a lady?

#1115716 - Today at 03:48 PM Re: open carry ladies in PA (pics) [Re: DaveT]
    moosemike moosemike
    old hand

Loc: lebanon PA There is a registry conducted illegally by the PA state police. I listen to Bob Durgans show out of Harrisburg and he's discussed this with Russ Diamond (ran for PA attorney general) several times.

#1115733 - Today at 04:15 PM Re: open carry ladies in PA (pics) [Re: foxtrapperwoman]
    Damageinc Damageinc
    On the board

Loc: Lancaster(Manheim),Pa Massad Ayoob....
    THe 14th Century "olden" days comment was funny....
    You obviously believe what you believe...
    Making people scatter? What wrong with homeless people anyway-there is a large percentage of the population in the US that is 1 paycheck away from beieng without a domicile. I don't want to scare people- what is the GOOD in thatIt all come sdown to a question of couth and etiquette of which your type do not have a grasp of. This is freightening and will be used as a tool against the rest of us pro gunner carry folks.
    You really have no arguement other than:
    1) It is legal (so you do it)
    2) YOu chase homeless people away(where did they go-into outspace and what is wrong with them anyway?).dude go to B-more, enough CRAZY violent drug addled homeless people to make you puke
    Maybe you should OC in a trailer park then- and see what the results are if you have this ability to jusdge people above and beyond what the rest of us do. I'd rather help a homeless person than chase them to somewhere else.
    I am thinking that I'd rather have the rest of the "criminal" population wondering who is\isn't armed.
    I don't care if you ride a harley or drive a mercedes - must you flash your gun?
    I haven't went to the open carry site because frankly, I think it is so worng, I would never visit that site anyway.cuz frankly he is too frickin close minded...Please-leave the "show of force" to the police force...
    Only the whackers want to be thought of as LEO.
    I got to tell you- my gun under my shirt is just as effective as yours-ever consider my ability to draw? I don't consider my "WEAPON" as a paperweight... somebody has reading comprehension problems Maybe we all should walk around with baseball bats and crow bars.I don't know anything about your type other than we both exist in a civilized society.
    We have police to enforce law-we don't need "citizens" vigilanties.
    You have watched way to many John Wayne\Charles Bronsen|clint Eastwood movies.
    Someday I might be sitting beside you in at a wine tasting and I will have my "weapon" under my coat and might be able to draw as quick as you when all 7734 breaks loose.
    After you are taken out, I will clean up. yeah real nice dude, real nice, but have you heard that many women shoot better than men and also I don't spray bullets like you spray your mouth
    Originally Posted By: foxtrapperwomanThere is no gun registry in PA.

Yes, those who open carry, carry loaded guns, otherwise it's a paperweight. With exceptions- unlisc OC in Utah cannot have a chambered round or round under the hammer in a revolver, and CA unlisc OC the mag must be seperate from gun, no chambered round, or a revolver unloaded, speed loader seperate.

I have heard of some negligent discharges done by concealed carriers while carrying, but so far haven't heard of an OCer doing same. Gun is holstered, and OCers are as a whole a responsible high IQ group from the ones I know.

If you read the Heller Vs DC notes by Justice Scalia, you will see his research on orginal intent of "right to bear arms" is open carry. In the olden days concealed carry was frowned upon and seen as something outlaws do, as they are hiding something. Open carry was seen as showing honesty and integrity. Crooks don't open carry.

Also, why do cops open carry if concealed carry is "so much better"?

Did any of the anti open carry people here even look at the thread link I posted yesterday for opencarry.org? The one about trashy people behaving when they noticed the OCer? How a bunch of obnoxious homeless people have left an area after a guy has been OCing there? The guy who walks around his apt complex with his .45 and maglite and makes the druggies scatter? Dig even deeper at that site and you might find the post about the OC guy in VA who has MS13 gang members move aside on sidewalks to let him pass. No doubt about it, open carry deters criminals, and commands respect from trashy people. The only people who seem to hate OC are a handful of cops, anti gunners, and the " concealed carry only!" crowd. Oh yeah and I am sure criminals hate OC too- dangit those armed citizens! Hows one to keep their drug corner in suburbia when some what-the-is-he guy keeps walking by every day with his Glock on his hip?

#1115734 - Today at 04:15 PM Re: open carry ladies in PA (pics) [Re: moosemike]
    John S John S
    VIP

Loc: Lancaster,PA,Lancaster CC does officer an advantage to police not wearing a uniform and not advertising who they are. I fell a lot better going into my local shop and rob carrying concealed because if some turd bent on robbing the place sees someone with a gun displayed he just might decide to take that person out before he robs the store. LOL HAHAHAHA fallacy HAHAHA show proof Someone carrying concealed can bide their time then take care of the turd. I know it is legal to open carry, but I believe it is a few egomaniacs who want to be noticed who go into stores and resturants with guns on their hips displayed. As has been stated before, it defies common sense and good judgement.

#1115735 - Today at 04:19 PM Re: open carry ladies in PA (pics) [Re: moosemike]
    Damageinc Damageinc
    On the board

Loc: Lancaster(Manheim),Pa Originally Posted By: moosemikeAlso, why do cops open carry if concealed carry is "so much better"?

C'mon man really? Just because they are in uniform and are cops do you really think they have a gun? HAHAHAHAHAH! OMG what are these people thinking?

Because CC offers them no advantage. Everyone already knows Police are armed.

Hmm, so when should I start working on that big book about OCing in the USA? These jerkwods are REALLY making me feel inspired!
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: HOLY @@!##@!@#$#@!!

WOW! That was annoying.

and when did Japan invade Pearl Harbor?

(York County)

WOW!!! I only read the first page of posts (well almost all of them) and I feel disgusted!!
    IMO, OC, CC, whatever just carry and protect yourself! Picking on SFN is just disrespectful. She inspires me. Reminds me of how one person can start change. I remember when I first heard her story (over lunch at work with a co-worker who lives in Lanc.county.) I was like "Good for her. It's her right and she's doing what she feels is right." And now I know her and am following in her footsteps (along with lots of others on this forum) and am expressing my rights when I feel like doing so.
    It a damn shame someone wants to put us down.

(Lancaster County)

They should all have to conceal them there long guns they're a huntin' with! That be the ways it ougth'a be. Knows what I'm sayin'?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by DonSmithnotTMD View Post
    WOW! That was annoying.

and when did Japan invade Pearl Harbor?

Japan didn't invade Pearl Harbor! the Germans did! I know cause John Balushi told me so!!

NOW BACK TO YOUR REGULERLY SCHEDULED OC/CC battle between gun owners that SHOULD be working together in these triing times!

Rich W.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Warners Surplus View Post
    Japan didn't invade Pearl Harbor! the Germans did! I know cause John Balushi told me so!!

NOW BACK TO YOUR REGULERLY SCHEDULED OC/CC battle between gun owners that SHOULD be working together in these triing times!

Rich W.
    But it's better than WWE.

Just plain vindictive. If I was male, it would be a major kick to the balls.

I was already in an angry mode due to the asshole killing the 3 cops in p-burgh and the dickhead shooting spree in NY yesterday. Went out to eat in York co CCing, had to endure the shitty vibes of an anti ( would she vomit if she knew she was a foot away from an icky gun?), and was all sheepdoggy ready to protect if some maniac started crap where I was at, since being a postal asshole seems to be the rage of the month.

I think that a woman OCing is the ultimate in "women's lib". There are layers of crap such as indoctrinations to remove to get to the ultimate goal of OCing comfortably. Starting with how it's been that girls have been taught that guns are for boys and ending with the tossing off of fallacies such as "OC will make a bad guy shoot you first". In the woman's world, OC keeps rapists away- and is certainly not a bunch of "attention whoring". Not just rapists though, but since women are thought of as weak and vulnerable, can fall prey to scam artists, petty robbers, and are targets of serial killers. The nutty homeless people are also probably more likley to target women with their aggressive approaches. One poor woman had some crazy homeless man slash her throat in broad daylight on a main street in downtown Baltimore. It sent chills down my spine as it was blocks away from where my mother has to walk to and from her parking garage to where she works.
    LOL, I am a woman...

Quote Originally Posted by MadamRaven View Post
    WOW!!! I only read the first page of posts (well almost all of them) and I feel disgusted!!
    IMO, OC, CC, whatever just carry and protect yourself! Picking on SFN is just disrespectful. She inspires me. Reminds me of how one person can start change. I remember when I first heard her story (over lunch at work with a co-worker who lives in Lanc.county.) I was like "Good for her. It's her right and she's doing what she feels is right." And now I know her and am following in her footsteps (along with lots of others on this forum) and am expressing my rights when I feel like doing so.
    It a damn shame someone wants to put us down.
    If you are ever down this way ( s york county) and want to OC together and whatnot, let me know. In fact I want to walk the rail trail for excersize and hate walking alone. I'd probably CC there though, having some park ranger interrupt my fat burning to try and lecture me on OC might upset me LOL. You know those stress hormones make it harder to burn fat, right? LOL
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Jefferson County)

There is no doubt a few ass monkeys at HuntingPA.. I tried to educate some there once before, but a couple just couldn't grasp law, rights, and actual requirements. Compound that with their total ignorance, opinionistic misconceptions, and faith in a false demigod Ayoob you get a recipe for mass stupidity.

I'm not say all there are as I describe above, because there are good folks there, and several of us too - but the ignorant asses spoil the good intentions of that site.

Looks like the debates that use to go on here.Attention getting, just conceal the gun.Tactical advantage, criminal will shoot you first, but no clear examples. Feelings instead of protected rights.

I don't miss them here and that forum just reminds me how bad it was here last year. Lots of education still needed in the gun community.
    Divided we ever have been, and ever must be.Two thirds always had and will have more difficulty to struggle with the one third than with all our foreign enemies. - John Adams

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast