Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default 👺 Costume shop in the Poconos to begin charging entry fee

🤔 $10 You know the thing 🎃

Frazetta's in East Stroudsburg announces plans to charge people $10 to enter the store.

EAST STROUDSBURG, Pa. — There's something creepy lurking in every corner of Frazetta's Costumes in East Stroudsburg. People filled the showroom to get a jump on their spooky season shopping.

"I like to look for decorations for Halloween, and I got a really nice costume here last year, so I am looking for another one," said Christi Clark, Allentown.

With the busy Halloween shopping season in full swing, customers are now greeted with this sign: the shop is charging a $10 admission fee to walk into the store. But that fee will go toward your purchase.

The shop's Facebook post read, "After careful consideration, I have decided that Frazettas Costumes will be charging a $10 admission fee per adult (plus tax) that you will be able to apply towards your purchase. This is only valid on the same day of entry. Children accompanied by adults will get in free. Any unaccompanied minors will be subjected to the admission fee. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to serving you this Halloween season."

Owner Bill Frazetta says after many issues over the years, it was time to make a change, "People have destroyed my place; they walk in here to shoot TikTok videos and play all for their benefit and not spend a dime. They wreck the store, they steal, break things, I mean how much can you tolerate?"

Shoppers tell Newswatch 16 they're not losing their heads over the new admission fee when they come to Frazettas, and they know exactly what they want.

"If you come in here with a purpose, your purpose is to find what you are looking for and to spend, so it's not that big of a deal," said Clark.

"With these days to keep the business open with the lookers and nobody buying, you could leave right away or give us the 10 dollars, and it gives you the motivation to buy something anyway," said Edward Brown, Newfoundland.

Even with that fee, people are still filling the store, on the hunt.

"Costumes they are trying to decide what they want to be and changing their minds three or four times," said Steve Bernhard, Mount Joy.

And Frazetta says there are already some popular costumes this year, "Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice that is the hot one, you know, so we've been doing a lot with that and a lot of calls about Deadpool and Wolverine."

"They have really creepy stuff and cool stuff," said Brown.

Frazetta's says if you have any questions about certain items customers can always call ahead.

https://www.wnep.com/article/news/lo...b-712267d517a8

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: 👺 Costume shop in the Poconos to begin charging entry fee

People happily pay $10 to get into a gun show and don't see any of it returned to them.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    People happily pay $10 to get into a gun show and don't see any of it returned to them.

But that's different. It's a "show".
    "Are you not entertained?"
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Some people are really into halloween. I'm not one of those people. I take my kids around in costumes to collect candy, but that's the sum of it.
    iAnal

(Berks County)

i like halloween but i would just skip a store that charges a fee to get in. with 2 little kids we could be in there 5 mins and they would want to leave. i have paid to get into reptile shows but in those cases i was going to purchase and some things there are not available at store in my area.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    But that's different. It's a "show".
    "Are you not entertained?"
    .....and there is much more to see and possibly purchase than a few masks displayed in a storefront.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

No problem paying $ 10 and know you can get that $10 back with a purchase ! Gun shows should do this as they get a lot of Lookee Lous.

(Pike County)

I forsee this shop closing up in November

(Delaware County)

No thanks. I*ll order on line.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

The guy is having his shop destroyed my people and by shoplifters. If you need to thin out the scum, then so be it. People will probably be more respectable in his store. The entry fee comes back off the bill when you buy something. I see no harm in that.

On a side note, he stated that he could have retired years ago. The man loves doing what he does.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast