Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Did I do something wrong?

Hi all. I'm not sure if this post will even be accepted when I submit it. Since I've logged on tonight, the follow message comes up when I attempt to read/open threads.

Did I offend someone or get put on "probation" or something? Maybe I haven't spread the rep around well, I dunno. But has anyone else gotten this message? Maybe it was a software thing, I dunno...

"ScaredOnce, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    "

Thanks for any insight anyone might have...

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Did I do something wrong?

Are you getting that message on every thread you try to open? Are you trying to open the links from an external source, like the PAFOA toolbar or RSS feeds? If you are, you may have clicked on a link to a thread that the mods have deleted. I have come across a few of those. I have one scrolling across my PAFOA toolbar now about a shotgun mod. If I click on that link, I get the same message you got.

You will also get this message on threads where only certain members can post, or on WTB, WTT, WTS threads, IE: Classifieds
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Delaware County)

Some forums are "locked" (as seen in the photo below) to normal posting, only mods and admins can post or need to approve posts in those areas. This could be one reason for the message.

As Frenchy mentioned, in the classifieds forums only the original poster of a thread may respond in that thread, all correspondence in the classifieds are to be done via private messages by anyone else. If you tried to post in a classifieds ad you would get that message too.

Hope this helps,
    Bill