Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Convince me not to Buy a Kahr

As the title says, and i know tihs is going to hurt some feelings but, from day one i have complained about the weight of my M&P 9c, heck my full size FN is lighter loaded that the 9c is unloaded. Dont get me wrong the 9c for a small gun is great and an even better shooter. Possibly....well probably the 9c is going to be going up for sale.

So.....Im looking at a Kahr CW9. I was at the range the other day adn a guy there had the CW40 and it was sooooo much slimmer than my 9c and was light as a feather and the ergonomics were great. He said the CW9 is even a bit slimmer than the CW40 and im a 9mm fan so thats what im looking to get. Any input would be great.

I know the M&P NINJA is going to have a talk with me.

(Bedford County)

Default Re: Convince me not to Buy a Kahr

I summer carry a Kahr P9. Hell...I winter carry it also.

Love it!

There, did that do the trick???

(Allegheny County)

I love my K9. It's all steel and heavy but every CW9 I have shot felt great. Grab the lighter recoil spring if you like but the CW9 has the elite trigger so it's MUCH better than my stock trigger.

Get it, you will like it.

(Cambria County)

Got one for my betterhalf as a carry piece due to the nice compact size and light weight (CW9). I really liked the feel of it after playing with it.

Shot the sh*t out of it and had 0 malfunctions or misfires. Shot 200 rounds thru it just to break it in as recommended. No problems. I Like the longer pull of the trigger for those stressful moments when your bodies all tightened up. She really liked this feature. She likes the pistol a lot.

What I'm saying is... I almost thought about buying myself one as a carry piece (I just love my subcompact to much). It is one sweet pistol. I don't think you can go wrong with this pistol. For a compact, lightweight, reliable pistol, it ranks highly in my book.

Why buy a Block... When you can own a KAHR.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Delaware County)

This first link is to thread when I first bought my CW9

http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/3538-kahr-cw9.html#post34390

This second link is to a thread when I had a problem with the CW9

http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/23223-kahr-cw9-failure.html#post296874

This third link is to a thread when I realized I no longer had faith in the CW9 and switch my carry piece to a Ruger SP101 .357 magnum

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-open-carry-121/34856-changed-my-carry-gun-page-2.html#post457237

and this fourth link is to all the threads I've made a comment about the CW9 here on the forum.

http://search.pafoa.org/?q=soberbyker+Kahr+CW9&cx=007881557900955372104%3A vrvbtifxywe

Bottom line the CW9 was my carry piece until recently, it is a good shooting accurate gun. I was hitting 8 inch steel targets at 25 yards at one of the PMSC groups shoots with it.

I personally lost faith in MY CW9 when it broke. I didn't want to take the chance that I might hesitate to pull it if I needed it because in the back of my mind it had broke once before.

All guns are subject to failure, but I could no longer feel confident about my CW9. If the Ruger ever fails I'll get something else. I have to tell you though, I haven't heard of many revolver failures but I have heard of a lot of auto-loader failures.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Bill

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Bottom line the CW9 was my carry piece until recently, it is a good shooting accurate gun. I was hitting 8 inch steel targets at 25 yards at one of the PMSC groups shoots with it.

I personally lost faith in MY CW9 when it broke. I didn't want to take the chance that I might hesitate to pull it if I needed it because in the back of my mind it had broke once before.

All guns are subject to failure, but I could no longer feel confident about my CW9. If the Ruger ever fails I'll get something else. I have to tell you though, I haven't heard of many revolver failures but I have heard of a lot of auto-loader failures.

I understand losing faith. That would be tough on you mentally knowing you had a problem.

But yours isn't the first pistol to break down, have a FTF, FTE, or whatever. If we didn't carry a certain pistol due to someone on this sight having a problem or a failure, heck, we wouldn't have to many choices to chose from.

If I see lots of people complaining about a certian pistol. That gets my attention.

I trust the KAHR enough that I got it for my betterhalf. What more can I say.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    my wife loves hers

I am not a big fan of the long DA trigger.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    This first link is to thread when I first bought my CW9

http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/3538-kahr-cw9.html#post34390

This second link is to a thread when I had a problem with the CW9

http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/23223-kahr-cw9-failure.html#post296874

This third link is to a thread when I realized I no longer had faith in the CW9 and switch my carry piece to a Ruger SP101 .357 magnum

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-open-carry-121/34856-changed-my-carry-gun-page-2.html#post457237

and this fourth link is to all the threads I've made a comment about the CW9 here on the forum.

http://search.pafoa.org/?q=soberbyker+Kahr+CW9&cx=007881557900955372104%3A vrvbtifxywe

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    I understand losing faith. That would be tough on you mentally knowing you had a problem.

But yours isn't the first pistol to break down, have a FTF, FTE, or whatever. If we didn't carry a certain pistol due to someone on this sight having a problem or a failure, heck, we wouldn't have to many choices to chose from.

If I see lots of people complaining about a certian pistol. That gets my attention.

I guess you didn't see the parts I highlighted in RED and left in large print.

I didn't say it was a bad gun, in fact just the opposite, again if you really read what I wrote. I said MY Kahr, you know the one I own, I lost faith in.

Bottom line the OP is looking for feedback I gave mine, you gave yours.

Bill

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I can't possibly talk you out of getting that gun. I love them.

If I had the money I'd get one for summer carry.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    my wife loves hers

I am not a big fan of the long DA trigger.
    I liked the long trigger, it meant I'd really have to pull it to go bang, in other words, it would be harder to have a ND with the longer trigger. I shot mine a lot, over 4000 rounds, I was very used to it.

I'll tell ya what though, I thought the Kahr had a tough trigger pull, next time I'm in Pittsburgh I'll let ya try the SP101, the Kahr is like slicing thru soft butter in comparison.

Bill

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast