Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default 21+ years in the Military... I was not prepared for what I experienced tonight

I chaperoned my 11yr old sons school dance tonight....

The ages of students was 11-13. There were about 200 teen/pre-teen kids there. Trying to keep them away from off limits areas was like herding cats.

I caught 2 (boy and girl) of them coming out of an unlocked office. An alarming number of these 11-13yr olds had to be "separated" for "heavy petting." If I didn't know any better, I would have sworn I was watching a Rap Video. These little girls were shaking everything they had it was disgusting. The one parent was watching her 12 yr old daughter grind on her boyfriend!!!!!! When I asked her about it she said "they're just kids." They were dry humping on the dance floor.

WTF is wrong with their parents? WTF is wrong with people? There is no way in hell my daughter would ever leave her bedroom dressed like that let alone the house. I told my son, if I ever find out you act like that when I am not around, I will stick my boot in your ass.

/Rant...

When I collect my thoughts and calm down, I will review this post and edit ... I am pretty sure it needs it.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

Default Re: 21+ years in the Military... I was not prepared for what I experienced tonight

Quote Originally Posted by ReconLdr View Post
    I chaperoned my 11yr old sons school dance tonight....

The ages of students was 11-13. There were about 200 teen/pre-teen kids there. Trying to keep them away from off limits areas was like herding cats.

I caught 2 (boy and girl) of them coming out of an unlocked office. An alarming number of these 11-13yr olds had to be "separated" for "heavy petting." If I didn't know any better, I would have sworn I was watching a Rap Video. These little girls were shaking everything they had it was disgusting. The one parent was watching her 12 yr old daughter grind on her boyfriend!!!!!! When I asked her about it she said "they're just kids." They were dry humping on the dance floor.

WTF is wrong with their parents? WTF is wrong with people? There is no way in hell my daughter would ever leave her bedroom dressed like that let alone the house. I told my son, if I ever find out you act like that when I am not around, I will stick my boot in your ass.

/Rant...

When I collect my thoughts and calm down, I will review this post and edit ... I am pretty sure it needs it.
    It doesn't need it, that's what goes on. There's a lot of reasons for this kind of behavior.

In most areas it's not "safe" to let your kids do anything. So they let that out in other ways because they're tired of being babysat all the time. I was always out riding my bike/skateboard and didn't have a ton of supervision when I was a kid...and while I understand the reasons why it's not a good idea now (somewhat) it's just that parents don't generally know or care what's going on in their kids lives. You seem to, so don't worry about your kid that way. Just keep teaching and you're golden.

Default Re: 21+ years in the Military... I was not prepared for what I experienced tonight

No edit needed, you should be pissed.....

that's what is wrong with today's society today....

Yeah, no way you should edit that. Parents are such deadbeats these days, it seems they're afraid of their own children. Fucking incredible, and people wonder why society is swirling the bowl...

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    It doesn't need it, that's what goes on. There's a lot of reasons for this kind of behavior.

In most areas it's not "safe" to let your kids do anything. So they let that out in other ways because they're tired of being babysat all the time. I was always out riding my bike/skateboard and didn't have a ton of supervision when I was a kid...and while I understand the reasons why it's not a good idea now (somewhat) it's just that parents don't generally know or care what's going on in their kids lives. You seem to, so don't worry about your kid that way. Just keep teaching and you're golden.
    I talked to the one other parent who reacted the same way I did... I told her if she ever saw my son act like that, she should call me right away. Turns out she knows Jeffrey because she volunteers at the school all the time. She had nothing but great things to say about my son.

I am so worked up about tonight. I can not believe these kids are in the same grade and age group as my son. I can't believe parents just let it go on. WTF is wrong with people????
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

I talked to the one other parent who reacted the same way I did... I told her if she ever saw my son act like that, she should call me right away. Turns out she knows Jeffrey because she volunteers at the school all the time. She had nothing but great things to say about my son.

I am so worked up about tonight. I can not believe these kids are in the same grade and age group as my son. I can't believe parents just let it go on. WTF is wrong with people????
    Parents let their kids do everything and nothing at the same time.

You should take your kid out for a burger or milkshake or something to let him know you're proud of him. Nothing works like positive reinforcement with kids. Sounds like you've got a good kid on your hands, which is getting rare these days.

(Lehigh County)

You should take your kid out for a burger or milkshake or something to let him know you're proud of him. Nothing works like positive reinforcement with kids. Sounds like you've got a good kid on your hands, which is getting rare these days.
    I am taking him to the gunshow in Allentown tomorrow... Does that count?

I am taking him to the gunshow in Allentown tomorrow... Does that count?
    It does if he's into guns!

(York County)

Even better. One of the many reasons I am never having any kids. I could expect to see my own kid turning out like I was as a youngster or even worse. Looking back I wished I could beat my own ass for doing the stupid shit I used to. Sounds like your son is on the right track. Maybe let him shoot off a few rounds at the range too as a bonus for keeping his hands to himself and acting his age.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: My Tango Sucka

(Northampton County)

You should take your kid out for a burger or milkshake or something to let him know you're proud of him. Nothing works like positive reinforcement with kids.
    A boot up the ass once in a while doesn't hurt either. Well, it hurts, but my boots are always screaming for Kiwi anyway.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast