Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default Changed mainspring on K frame anyone have a tutoral on rebound spring?

Anyone have a visual tutoral on changing a rebound spring? I opened up a model 19 and the mainspring was easy!

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

Default Re: Changed mainspring on K frame anyone have a tutoral on rebound spring?

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Changed mainspring on K frame anyone have a tutoral on rebound spring?

Thanks Ive seen that one, it does not show enough detail

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

Too bad....sorry mate

(Northampton County)

Bring it to the shop and I will show you.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by rflynn View Post
    Bring it to the shop and I will show you.
    Now that is a visual tutorial

(York County)

The Midway U tube vidio shows exactly how to do it. You need a special split tool for the rebound spring. Brownells or Midway should have one. I made mine by cutting of a screwdriver, spliting the end and bend the handle like the one in vidio.

(Monroe County)

thanks, i had someone show me today.

(Perry County)

You didn't say why you wanted to change the rebound spring. If it is to lighten the trigger pull I'd advise against it. the rebound spring is very important in fast double action shooting. Should you get the spring too light your gun may fire adequately until you get too fast, that could be when you may need it to work the most.

Sounds like you have a gun smith offering to help you, I'd take his advice.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rundownfid View Post
    You didn't say why you wanted to change the rebound spring. If it is to lighten the trigger pull I'd advise against it. the rebound spring is very important in fast double action shooting. Should you get the spring too light your gun may fire adequately until you get too fast, that could be when you may need it to work the most.

Sounds like you have a gun smith offering to help you, I'd take his advice.
    Thanks! I had a kind professional hand with this.

The revolver is strictly 100 a target gun, so I was not
    really all that worried about an odd light primer hit.