Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Question New Remington rifle?

Did anyone hear anything about a new Remington rifle that might be comming out this year? It's supposed to be a tactical rifle based off of the 700 action with a heavy barrel in 338 lapua mag. Or at least that's what someone wrote in another forum. I didn't see anything on Remington's website about it though.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: New Remington rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by sluggie24 View Post
    Did anyone hear anything about a new Remington rifle that might be comming out this year? It's supposed to be a tactical rifle based off of the 700 action with a heavy barrel in 338 lapua mag. Or at least that's what someone wrote in another forum. I didn't see anything on Remington's website about it though.
    There is a Remington 700 SPS Tactical and a 700 XCR Compact Tactical in both .223 and .308. First one came out last year and the later this year. They prob just upped the ante with a .338 version for a next year model.

The new model is a niiice looking piece, This might be coming home to me in the near future!
    http://www.remington.com/products/fi...t_tactical.asp

good review of the .308 here:
    http://www.snipercentral.com/spstactical.htm

(Allegheny County)

700 action with a heavy barrel in 338 lapua mag.
    Haven't heard of it but I would be interested to hear more. I've been wanting a long range rigfle in 338 mag lap for a long time.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Berks County)

I think I found it. They have it listed on the military site. I heard it is going to be filtering out for civillians later this year....

http://www.remingtonmilitary.com/m24a3sws.htm

(Bucks County)

I think I found it. They have it listed on the military site. I heard it is going to be filtering out for civillians later this year....

That could be it, but the M24A3 is not new. and if they do release it as a civilian version,it's gonna cost a bunch$$$$.

(Berks County)

I heard, heard mind you, that they were going to release one in the same format as the 700P but in .338 LM. Not sure about what stock or feed system or anything else. Truth is I would probably be happy to just get a barrelled action!!! How much could they want? In that HS stock with a detach mag like in the pic I would think $1300 - 1400? With a standard stock and flip down metal maybe $1000? Still a far cry from the Sako TRG42 for $2500 right? I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed for everybody......

(Bucks County)

I heard, heard mind you, that they were going to release one in the same format as the 700P but in .338 LM. Not sure about what stock or feed system or anything else. Truth is I would probably be happy to just get a barrelled action!!! How much could they want? In that HS stock with a detach mag like in the pic I would think $1300 - 1400? With a standard stock and flip down metal maybe $1000? Still a far cry from the Sako TRG42 for $2500 right? I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed for everybody......
    ???? I would guess more..... the 700 XCR tactical I posted above is $1332 base (no add-ons) ,

(Berks County)

My 700P was only $850. I would put it up against the 700 XCR T anyday. From what I've read the 700 SPS T is the 700P in a cheaper stock and that is only $550. I think they may do something similar and have a few variants?

(Cambria County)

My guess is $3500 or so MSRP at least...

(Allegheny County)

That's a great looking rifle. Doubt I'll be able to afford one though.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast