Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Just joined

(York County)

Default Just joined

As stated, I just joined...........because I need to ask a question that I'm unable to find an answer to after browsing for about a week.

I have a LTCF which I got while living in Westmoreland Co. I moved into York Co. and was wondering if it is still valid?

I know if I was still living in West. Co., the whole state must honor it. All info states that I needed to apply for it in the county of my residence, but since my move, I no longer reside in the county that issued it. I will be applying for a new one (in York Co.) when this one expires.

Anybody ever run into this? Any problems?

Thanks.

C.R.

(Of course I've updated my driver's license w/a change of address card...........)

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Just joined....................

From what I understand, all you needed to do is get your updated driver's license. You don't need an updated LTCF until you're ready to renew, which you'll do in your current county of residence.

(Westmoreland County)

You can update your LTCF so you receive the renewal at the proper address when they mail it to you...

(Jefferson County)

A LTCF is valid until it expires or is revoked/suspended. It is still good even if you moved to The People's Republics: Washington DC, Kalifornia, New Yuck, New Jersey, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, Idiotnois, etc..

All LTCF are valid statewide. The one and only problem you will have with a LTCF that doesn't match your existing mailing address is - the renewal notice that the sheriff mails out might not get to you.

You apply or renew in the county with you live in NOW - which is York Co.. New issues and renewals are the same process. The only difference is that different box is checked on the application and the license itself.

(Snyder County)

I am was in the same situation and wondered the same thing. So I contacted the sheriff for the county that I now reside. He told me:

Mr. Zef:

There is nothing that needs to be done in regards to the address. That was your current address when the license was issued and the license is valid until it expires or is revoked by the issuing authority. There are no provisions in the statute requiring a change of address.

When your current license expires you will need to make application with our office.

Thank you.
    Sheriff Reigle
    But I would also make sure you contact the sheriff's office in the county of your previous residence, where the LTCF was issued, and notify them of your new address. This way, when you LTCF is getting close to expiring, they can send the renewal notice to the correct residence.

(Delaware County)

Others have already fully answered your question. I just wanted to say WELCOME to the forum.

(Montgomery County)

Not to get off topic but I've never received a renewal notice when my permit was about to expire. I live in Montgomery Co. and I just renewed my LTCF for the 3rd time.

Is that normal for Montgomery Co.??

(Luzerne County)

i live in luzerne county. i have renewed my ltcf several times over the years. i have never received a renewal notice. i guess they may have been busy.