Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kimber 1911

Default Kimber 1911

OK, I need some help. I have a PT 111 that I carry almost all of the time. It's comfortable and easy enough to hide under a shirt or sport coat. I also have a Kel-Tec P3AT that I carry when I'm on my bike or when I really would like to not draw any attention at all.

Now I would like a range gun and work on becomming a better shot with one gun at longer distances. It would also be my bedstand gun. Are the kimber's all that in a high-end, tight grouping gun that I can own for years and years.

I looked at them today and they are much lighter than others and seemed very comfortable in my hand and come with night sights. BTW, I was looking at the CDP Compact and Pro and at $1100 I would like some advice.

Thanks-

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Kimber 1911

I have a Kimber Custom 2 and sighted my new laser grips in yesterday; 5 shots later I was hitting a 3/4 inch bull with every shot at 50'. Needles to say I love the gun, it shoots as well as my old Model 29 S&W 44 did. I load all my ammunition and those loads were 6.5gr Unique, CCI 300 primer, 200gr lswc bullet. Oh and flawless feed and eject; the only problems I have ever had were totally self inflicted (like my new progressive loader, in the learning curve, failed to dump the powder. That's always an ejection problem).

The two you are looking at are real nice lookers too. I wouldn't hesitate.

(Lehigh County)

My every day carry, Kimber Compact SS.

(Beaver County)

I have a Target II, and I don't like carrying it. It jabs me in the side. They are accurate and have great triggers.

(Pike County)

Kimbers, nice guns, very pricey.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by gf45acp View Post
    Kimbers, nice guns, very pricey.
    Pricey compared to what? They are priced very much like Springfield Armory and more often get more with the Kimber for the money. Take the low end; Springfield Mil Spec v. Kimber Custom 2, both within $100.00 yet the Kimber has a "custom trigger", light weight hammer and beaver tail.

Kimber isn't at all pricey against a gun of similar quality and specifications.

(Luzerne County)

i have a ultra carry. never had a problem with it.

(Schuylkill County)

they are not worth the price love there rifles hate there pistols, had 3 now all were junk, use the $1100.00 or more and buy a Wilson CQB or even a Springfield TRP, better guns and worth the money more so then the Kimber.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1911shooter View Post
    they are not worth the price love there rifles hate there pistols, had 3 now all were junk, use the $1100.00 or more and buy a Wilson CQB or even a Springfield TRP, better guns and worth the money more so then the Kimber.
    Hey you can send all that junk to me. Kimber is the first 650.00 pistol I have ever been able to put 5, 1/2" bullets through a 3/4" circle at 50' with.

Seriously tell me what you've got and lets see if I can swing it. Remember though, I bought 2, 1911s and a progressive loader and all the tools and supplies this month so I may need some time to re-coop.

(Schuylkill County)

I have 2 Desert warriors and an SIS the desert warriors were presents from my co-workers, and i got the SIS this year from my Fiancees parents, the SIS shoots ok but i have had 3 FTFeed's already with it. and i have put 1,000rds through it since i got it. the Desert warriors one has gone back to kimber cause the front sight feel out on the 3rd round i put through it, the other wont slide lock after the last round has been fired, i,ve tried every mag available and had it to kimber for them to remill the slide stop and nothing worked, hopefully the SIS will start shooting, and the Desert warriors some way or another i can get the slide to work right. i will never carry them, i will not stake my life or those of my clients on a kimber. i might sell them i dont know yet. the front sight thing i hope is a fluke and they get it fixed. maybe it was just dove tailed wrong. last i heard from kimber they were gonna fit a new slide to it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast