Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Burglar shot after Pennsylvania homeowner interrupts home invasion

Thought you might find this interesting. Especially the last paragraph.

On Saturday, March 30, a Hazelton, Pa. homeowner returned home around noon to find that he had been the victim of a home invasion. Upon entering the home, he discovered a burglar inside in the process of stealing his belongings reports WNEP 16.
    Authorities state that the homeowner shot the intruder in the pelvic area. The intruder then ran from the scene, but was found by police in another home nearby. The criminal was airlifted to a local hospital where he is currently listed in critical condition.

There are only two reports of this story of defensive gun use, both by local media outlets. However, when an ex-state trooper shoots and kills his ex-wife before turning the gun on himself, there are 11 pages of reports of the story from all across the nation.

http://www.examiner.com/article/burg...id=db_articles
    The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut that held his ground.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Burglar shot after Pennsylvania homeowner interrupts home invasion

I'm guessing I'll see it in my next issue of the American Rifleman.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by fragmag View Post
    The criminal was airlifted to a local hospital where he is currently listed in critical condition.
    This is the most tragic part of it all.
    Brian - US Navy Retired - If you aren't having fun doing it, find something else to do.

I don't think it's a home invasion if no one is home. You don't "car jack" an unoccupied vehicle.

I know it's just terminology but the charges are much different. For a typical residential burglary the guy will probably see very little jail time (most likely county prison). If the resident is home and force/threats/weapons are used, now we have a robbery... aka home invasion. That will probably get the guy time at the state level.

(Monroe County)

Burglar shot after homeowner interrupts home invasion
    Things are as they should be.

(Beaver County)

Why shoot the guy in the dick? That's not cool. It also costs the taxpayers a bunch of money patching up some worthless shitbag just to throw him in jail. Homeowner fail imo.
    It has to start someplace... It has to start sometime...
    What better place than here? What better time than now! - RAtM

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Python73 View Post
    Why shoot the guy in the dick? That's not cool. It also costs the taxpayers a bunch of money patching up some worthless shitbag just to throw him in jail. Homeowner fail imo.
    Cleaning the gene-pool!
    Brian - US Navy Retired - If you aren't having fun doing it, find something else to do.

(Beaver County)

It has to start someplace... It has to start sometime...
    What better place than here? What better time than now! - RAtM

(Westmoreland County)

The homeowner feared for his life and safety. He was right to shoot him......only one thing the homeowner did wrong. He missed center mass and let the bastard live! Needs to go practrice more.

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    I don't think it's a home invasion if no one is home. You don't "car jack" an unoccupied vehicle.

I know it's just terminology but the charges are much different. For a typical residential burglary the guy will probably see very little jail time (most likely county prison). If the resident is home and force/threats/weapons are used, now we have a robbery... aka home invasion. That will probably get the guy time at the state level.

(Allegheny County)

Guy is now going to probably get sued. Should have aimed three feet higher. I'm SURE he had a kitchen knife in his hand. Save himself, and taxpayers a lot of money. Sad that's what it's come too but that's the broken system for you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast