Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Re: The Futility of a Gun Buyback

I think the red flag laws give us an indication as to whether law enforcement will follow orders. Don't forget the gentleman from Maryland who received a knock on the door and is deceased. I fear that we may be surprised how easily it could happen. Also it seems that every department in the federal government has it's own SWAT team.

(Tioga County)

One of the reasons they are pushing "red flag" laws is because they know the impracticality of openly going around kicking doors, so instead they will find antifa people to call you crazy or something and then out of the blue you'll be leaving work and get arrested, guns seized, etc.

I think once it gets to the point where the federal government, assuming they can find the manpower, is widely and openly going around to seize guns, then everyone knows the civil war has begun and so it goes. Again I think instead they will try to strangle you with bureaucracy and rules. That's what they are doing in New Zealand right now with the second tranche of gun laws. The second group of gun laws basically makes it very difficult to use or transport your guns and makes life impossible for ranges to stay in business.

I personally believe much of the left in this country is at a point where they can hardly contain themselves, they want violent revolution, they want terrorism in the streets, they want death camps, etc. and I think there is a divide in the democrat party between the oldsters who just want to rape the system for their own personal enrichment and the youngsters that want blood and violence. Recently we've had two failed antifa attacks in Texas and Washington state and two successful mass shootings orchestrated by two antifa linked individuals, one of which openly so.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by PGRNPA View Post
    I think the red flag laws give us an indication as to whether law enforcement will follow orders. Don't forget the gentleman from Maryland who received a knock on the door and is deceased. I fear that we may be surprised how easily it could happen. Also it seems that every department in the federal government has it's own SWAT team.
    Well there are two things in play.

One of which is most law enforcement for what they get paid, isn't that interested in kicking doors down. My local sheriffs deputies start at $11 an hour. Those guys are not doing dynamic entries all over the place. They use facebook to hoover up most of the outstanding warrants.

On the federal law enforcement level, I from time to time work with several agencies and from what the various agents tell me in general they are swamped just dealing with violent gangs, drugs and illegal alien crime. Do they have the time and energy and desire to go and beat down Grandpa Joe's place to get his AR?

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    As I said in another post, the first guy that goes to jail for a LONG time for having an illegal firearm will create a ripple effect for other guns owners. They will turn them in as there will be another "amnesty" period announced, and most people don't want to do jail time, let alone many years of jail time.
    New Zealand is an interesting case study. The police have harassed, threatened and cajoled gun owners and out of an approximate 250,000 now prohibited guns out there, about 15000 have been turned in. I predicted to NZ gun owners to expect raids and harassment which the police have done as predicted, yet resistance is growing and the police have essentially taken what was a very friendly group of people in gun owners and near totally turned the gun community against them.

We've also seen in Connecticut and New York where most of the now illegal guns were not registered and people ignored it and local law enforcement widely ignores it.

I would agree that government will try those stunts to get people to cave and I think some will cave in, but I think a lot of others will not.

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    I don’t know any cops who would willingly participate in door to door confiscation. A large percentage of cops (in PA at least) are pro-2A and likely have their own privately held munitions. A gun confiscation order would create a moral/constitutional crisis for millions of cops who would also be considering the risks of following such an order.

I cant stand Megan McCain, but she’s right. Tucker is right too, but being right is on par for him

Mostly the NJ/NY/MD Nazi cops would get all jacked up for knocking down doors over this garbage. And why is that? Because the 2A is already so watered down in those states that tyranny reins and the govt (LE) considers itself beyond reproach.
    Lol, you only have to search Katrina gun confiscations to see exactly what the gov agents will do.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by gp52555 View Post
    My concern being retired military on social security. All my income now comes from the government. Would not surprise me if the a$$hats figure out a way to suspend my income until I comply (which I will NOT).
    You did what you did, but I teach younger people to set themselves up so they when they reach 65 they are not sitting there dependent on government. That's why even Republicans like a bit of welfare, keeps people in line once you take that money from them on a recurring basis. They own you then.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    You did what you did, but I teach younger people to set themselves up so they when they reach 65 they are not sitting there dependent on government. That's why even Republicans like a bit of welfare, keeps people in line once you take that money from them on a recurring basis. They own you then.
    Never said I didn't have a backup plan. I don't consider military retirement and social security as welfare, I earned every penny!

(Clarion County)

I think they have plans in place to tap private funds in the future. Can't be too free.
    Meanwhile back to govt. buybacks:
    F11E17B8-3C90-4177-81E1-41D0F371ED69-1081153.jpg
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

(Wayne County)

Cephas you forgot they are also gun runners themselves.

(Lebanon County)

Look no further than those brave officers risking life and limb to confiscate bolt action ww1 and 2 rifles, and inert bombs (OMG) and grenades from senior citizen collectors whose families turn them in.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast