Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Details emerge in LAPD's mistaken shooting of newspaper carriers

The women were victims of 'a tragic misinterpretation' by officers working under 'incredible tension,' LAPD Chief Charlie Beck says.

at least seven officers opened fire. On Friday, the street was pockmarked with bullet holes in cars, trees, garage doors and roofs.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...1.story?page=1

If private citizens did this, they would be in jail yesterday. And private citizens have no training for such things, as these so-called "experts" do.

It's far better for the cops to injure or kill a thousand innocent persons than to let even a single cop get injured/s
    Last edited by ShooterInPA1; February 10th, 2013 at 09:12 AM.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(York County)

Default Re: Details emerge in LAPD's mistaken shooting of newspaper carriers

The most disturbing part of this " only ones " analogy is that this probably would not have occurred by private citizens. The reasons for this are varied. As a daily carrier, both open and concealed, I take possessing lethal force very seriously. The fact that there are serious ramifications if I need to draw and fire my weapon are a constant presence in my thoughts. The need to be absolutely sure of my target is ingrained in my personal training. As someone who chooses to carry, I practice both live and safety fire as much as possible. I burn as much ammo as I can afford ( out of my own pocket, not taxpayer monies ), and practice draw, presentation, trigger control, and concealment tactics with the weapon in non leathal capacity. The uninformed and non carrying public fail to realize that most non police carriers practice and train well beyond what is considered the minimum standard for law enforcement. It is because of this mental conditioning, personal training, familiarity, and respect for the lethal force I carry , that would prevent your average carrier ( yes, I believe my description is average for the majority of carriers ) from having pulled such a boneheaded failure as what occurred. I believe the minimum training standards of law enforcement personnel to be woefully inadequate. Enuff said.

The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Lancaster County)

What the LAPD fails to actually realize is that if they fail to punish the officers for shooting those women, they prove the guy's assertions that the LAPD is corrupt.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterInPA1 View Post

If private citizens did this, they would be in jail yesterday. And private citizens have no training for such things, as these so-called "experts" do.

It's far better for the cops to injure or kill a thousand innocent persons than to let even a single cop get injured/s

They would also be holding press conference condemning the citizens vs. making excuses for them. They would be spotlighting this as a reason why citizens can't be trusted with guns and should be disarmed.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    What the LAPD fails to actually realize is that if they fail to punish the officers for shooting those women, they prove the guy's assertions that the LAPD is corrupt.
    Yes, yes it does, but somehow I think they will ignore this little fact.

(Delaware County)

There appears to be more than 12 holes in the back of the cab. None on the ones on the passenger side are marked. Not to mention the tailgate. Holy shit batman.

I'm not sure how they made it out of there alive....
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Allegheny County)

Well, after this, and the NYPD wounding of multiple innocent bystanders recently, perhaps guns should be taken away from the police. Us armed citizens, who take their training seriously, and make sure of our target and minimizing collateral damage, should be the only ones allowed to carry.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by DClan View Post
    The most disturbing part of this " only ones " analogy is that this probably would not have occurred by private citizens. The reasons for this are varied. As a daily carrier, both open and concealed, I take possessing lethal force very seriously. The fact that there are serious ramifications if I need to draw and fire my weapon are a constant presence in my thoughts. The need to be absolutely sure of my target is ingrained in my personal training. As someone who chooses to carry, I practice both live and safety fire as much as possible. I burn as much ammo as I can afford ( out of my own pocket, not taxpayer monies ), and practice draw, presentation, trigger control, and concealment tactics with the weapon in non leathal capacity. The uninformed and non carrying public fail to realize that most non police carriers practice and train well beyond what is considered the minimum standard for law enforcement. It is because of this mental conditioning, personal training, familiarity, and respect for the lethal force I carry , that would prevent your average carrier ( yes, I believe my description is average for the majority of carriers ) from having pulled such a boneheaded failure as what occurred. I believe the minimum training standards of law enforcement personnel to be woefully inadequate. Enuff said.
    I believe all of us that aren't law enforcement take it serious, because we know if we fuck up there's serious ramifications. But as it has been shown time and again, police have no fear of any ramifications of their actions. Even now, with the statement the LAPD chief made, I don't think any officer is going to be punished for their irresponsible actions. The city will pay a huge settlement for it, which will come from the taxpayers, but I doubt any officer will suffer one bit.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by thundrr1 View Post
    There appears to be more than 12 holes in the back of the cab. None on the ones on the passenger side are marked. Not to mention the tailgate. Holy shit batman.

I'm not sure how they made it out of there alive....
    Yeah, doesn't make sense... seven rounds should be enough to stop a bad guy.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast