Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Question Kel Tec P11 issue

Hi all. I just bought a P11 last week. Took it out this past weekend and was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. The casings kept hitting me in the forehead over and over again. It kind of sucked!!
    As for shooting it, it was much more difficult to shoot than my Sigma, which is to be expected with this tiny gun. The recoil sucked, which of course comes with these smaller pistols. I am great at shooting my Sigma (I love it!). But the P11 made me look like I have never shot before! It will take some getting used to. But after taking it out and shooting it a bit, I am sure I can get used to it. I do love the fact I can carry it concealed! I don't believe in purse carrying. This is why I was on a hunt for something I can carry on my body. Anyway, anyone else have the problem with casings ejecting straight back?

(Chester County)

Default Re: Kel Tec P11 issue

I never had that problem with my P-11. What ammo / grain are you shooting?

ALso, try adding a pachmayer universal grip (Size mini) to the grip, it will help. Also adding a trigger shoe seemed to help me with mine. It still stings the hand after 30-40 rounds, but thats to be expected with such a small firearm.
    If you're not outraged & disgusted, you are simply not paying atttention

(Northampton County)

I just ordered a Hogue rubber grip. I was using Winchester JHP and American Eagle 9mm 115 grain.
    I also have a problem pulling the slide. It is so difficult for me to do.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by JerryBaby View Post
    Hi all. I just bought a P11 last week. Took it out this past weekend and was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. The casings kept hitting me in the forehead over and over again. It kind of sucked!!
    As for shooting it, it was much more difficult to shoot than my Sigma, which is to be expected with this tiny gun. The recoil sucked, which of course comes with these smaller pistols. I am great at shooting my Sigma (I love it!). But the P11 made me look like I have never shot before! It will take some getting used to. But after taking it out and shooting it a bit, I am sure I can get used to it. I do love the fact I can carry it concealed! I don't believe in purse carrying. This is why I was on a hunt for something I can carry on my body. Anyway, anyone else have the problem with casings ejecting straight back?
    try wearing a hat. =( I bet those casings didn't feel well..nothing is worse than getting a casing go down a shirt that's tucked in....
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Chester County)

I just ordered a Hogue rubber grip. I was using Winchester JHP and American Eagle 9mm 115 grain.
    I also have a problem pulling the slide. It is so difficult for me to do.
    I've shot both of those and didnt have that issue.

As for the slide, it may just need to be broken in & make sure you have it lubed. I've had mine for over 10 yrs now, so I dont remember the slide being hard to rack. Did you buy it new or used?

I have a buddy that was shooting his pistol that had the same problem with casings hitting his head, but his pistol had a gas system that he could adjust, after he adjusted the gas, the problem went away. On a P-11, I'm not sure how you could remedy that issue
    Last edited by Minor Threat; February 23rd, 2009 at 02:10 PM.

(Northampton County)

i bought it new.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    try wearing a hat. =( I bet those casings didn't feel well..nothing is worse than getting a casing go down a shirt that's tucked in....
    I had 2 casings when I first started shooting my Sigma, go right down my shirt. It does not feel good being in your cleavage!! But them hitting me in the forehead over and over really sucks.

(Chester County)

In that case, I'd say it just needs a couple hundred rounds thru it & it should break in. Just make sure you clean & lube the slide. It should get easier in time

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by CDyer77 View Post
    In that case, I'd say it just needs a couple hundred rounds thru it & it should break in. Just make sure you clean & lube the slide. It should get easier in time
    It was cleaned and lubed after the fact.. forgot to do it before I went shooting the first time. I hope it is better now.
    Also, I just tried to chamber a round and the damn thing got stuck and is now jammed... Not having much luck with this thing.

(Delaware County)

I had 2 casings when I first started shooting my Sigma, go right down my shirt. It does not feel good being in your cleavage!! But them hitting me in the forehead over and over really sucks.
    we need proof. =P
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast