Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need some quick feedback

I am looking at a S&W 41 with the 7 inch barrel the price is great below a grand and I know they are hard to come by but are they worth it?
    Any owners out there or someone that as shot one?
    Feedback appreciated.
    Thanks Don
    PS Bullseye Shooter

(Chester County)

Default Re: Need some quick feedback

Hands Down Best 22 for the $$$ - As a bullseye shooter you will love it - With cheap ammo mine has very good accuracy - but when you throw in some match grade ammo it just shines

(Chester County)

"Worth the money" is a personal decision.

To me, no. I want a .22 to plink with and just practice with on the cheap. So a Ruger or Buckmark are all I need.

Do you get a lot for you money? Yes. Do you also get a lot for your money in a carbon fiber/ titanium street bicycle...sure do.

IOW, will the added performance you paid for, benefit you enough to offset the increase in price? For me, no...for a competitive rimfire pistol shooter...probably, yes.

I am working to become competitive shooter. But I am pretty lights out with the Ruger not sure of the longevity of that accuracy. In build comparison the Ruger is a toy. That 41 is built like a tank. I do not mind spending top dollar but wasting it sends me over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post

To me, no. I want a .22 to plink with and just practice with on the cheap. So a Ruger or Buckmark are all I need.

Do you get a lot for you money? Yes. Do you also get a lot for your money in a carbon fiber/ titanium street bicycle...sure do.

IOW, will the added performance you paid for, benefit you enough to offset the increase in price? For me, no...for a competitive rimfire pistol shooter...probably, yes.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    I am working to become competitive shooter. But I am pretty lights out with the Ruger not sure of the longevity of that accuracy. In build comparison the Ruger is a toy. That 41 is built like a tank. I do not mind spending top dollar but wasting it sends me over the edge.
    Oh, I'm not the one to talk to about that kind of stuff. FWIW, most of the guys I know who'd I'd ask for advice on about that stuff, DO have a 41.

It's a safe bet, and easy to sell used if you decide to.

Good luck.

(Beaver County)

I haven't shot one in years, but it was a great pistol. If you are shooting bullseye, you will be happy with it.
    I vote the second first

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post

someone flag this guy, comparing bikes to guns! hah!
    To err is human, to be prepared divine

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post

I wouldn't say the Ruger is a toy...IMO the Ruger is built like a tank as well. The accuracy should last for a long time, .22LR doesn't really wear down bores.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiterook View Post
    I wouldn't say the Ruger is a toy...IMO the Ruger is built like a tank as well. The accuracy should last for a long time, .22LR doesn't really wear down bores.
    I understand what your are saying just and agree compared to the 41 there is a big noticeable difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ruggerio View Post
    someone flag this guy, comparing bikes to guns! hah!
    That is actually a good comparison when it weighs in on getting the $$ out of your investment. It is just like high end Audio which I am into. Some people will not get it or appreciate it but for those with the keen ears they will. If your only hitting 50% then moving up the food chain and spending the dollars will not have made sense. But if you are trying to squeeze that last little bit and it delivers you will fell better about your investment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast