Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default 😲 Historic SS United States is ordered out of its berth in Philadelphia.

🚢C'mon man you know the thing they're getting the Boot! Who else is gonna pay for all those New voter base that invaded our Country's border idk.gif

PHILADELPHIA — The SS United States, a historic ship that still holds the transatlantic speed record it set more than 70 years ago, must leave its berth on the Delaware River in Philadelphia by Sept. 12, a federal judge says.

The decision issued Friday by U.S. District Judge Anita Brody culminated a years-old rent dispute between the conservancy that oversees the 1,000-foot ocean liner and its landlord, Penn Warehousing. It stemmed from an August 2021 decision by Penn Warehousing to double the ship’s daily dockage to $1,700, an increase the conservancy refused to accept.

https://apnews.com/article/united-st...df8935450a217e

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: 😲 Historic SS United States is ordered out of its berth in Philadelphia.

Quote Originally Posted by GOYABEAN View Post
    ��C'mon man you know the thing they're getting the Boot! Who else is gonna pay for all those New voter base that invaded our Country's border idk.gif

PHILADELPHIA * The SS United States, a historic ship that still holds the transatlantic speed record it set more than 70 years ago, must leave its berth on the Delaware River in Philadelphia by Sept. 12, a federal judge says.

The decision issued Friday by U.S. District Judge Anita Brody culminated a years-old rent dispute between the conservancy that oversees the 1,000-foot ocean liner and its landlord, Penn Warehousing. It stemmed from an August 2021 decision by Penn Warehousing to double the ship*s daily dockage to $1,700, an increase the conservancy refused to accept.

https://apnews.com/article/united-st...df8935450a217e
    Should have been gone years ago. Not only is it a huge eyesore but it's taking up a berth that could be used to offload other ships and make the people/city/port owners money

Default Re: 😲 Historic SS United States is ordered out of its berth in Philadelphia.

I crossed the Atlantic on that ship in 1960. Southampton to NYC. I still remember it vividly. It was a beautiful, and powerful, vessel. Entering the harbor after a year away, I finally understood the meaning of seeing the Statue of Liberty.

The total decline of that ship bears a striking resemblance to the state of our country. Rotted from the inside out.

It remains to be seen if there's anyone who will save either.
    "You gotta be alive to get paid."

(Allegheny County)

I dunno how any reasonable person or organization could seriously decide "I don't want to pay my rent, so I will go to court to avoid it" and expect to win. That's just ridiculous.

Of course, these days - I guess plenty of courts would go ahead and accept that position. Bunch of fucking idiots.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    I dunno how any reasonable person or organization could seriously decide "I don't want to pay my rent, so I will go to court to avoid it" and expect to win. That's just ridiculous.

Of course, these days - I guess plenty of courts would go ahead and accept that position. Bunch of fucking idiots.
    Were you alive during the COVID scamdemic? You don't know of anyone with a student loan debt? Don't know of any squatters? The new American Way is to have your financial obligations wiped away.

Of course you did say 'reasonable person or organization.'

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Were you alive during the COVID scamdemic? You don't know of anyone with a student loan debt? Don't know of any squatters? The new American Way is to have your financial obligations wiped away.

Of course you did say 'reasonable person or organization.'
    Yes, that is key.

(Berks County)

This will be interesting. What will they do, tow it t an impound lot?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Run it into a bridge.

(Bucks County)

It stemmed from an August 2021 decision by Penn Warehousing to double the ship*s daily dockage to $1,700, an increase the conservancy refused to accept.

When the conservancy continued to pay its previous rate, set in 2011, Penn Warehousing terminated the lease in March 2022. After much legal wrangling, Brody held a bench trial in January but also encouraged the two sides to reach a settlement instead of leaving it up to her.

The judge ultimately ruled that the conservancy*s failure to pay the new rate did not amount to a contract breach or entitle Penn Warehousing to damages.
    Not sure why the conservancy didn't have to pay the three years of back rent.

(Berks County)

Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast