Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: CZ 100B

(Washington County)

Default CZ 100B

Any thoughts on the CZ 100B ?I just put one on layaway yesterday at Gander for $299.99.

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: CZ 100B

I can vouch for the quality of CZ's. They make great handguns. Never shot one of these, the biggest and only negative I have read about is that they have a bad trigger pull. Some people like it though, I am sure it can be worked on. 300 bucks for a pistol that will go bang everytime is a good deal, and it's good looking.

Hope you like it!

(Lackawanna County)

I started with a CZ100b in 9mm. I must have 5,000 rounds through that thing.
    It did have a very long DAO trigger pull. That is really your only safety. The trigger does smooth out after a few thousand rounds. I consider it a very safe pistol to carry. Especially if it is your first.
    I think the worst thing about it are the target sights. CZ had to include them to get enough BATF points to allow import into the US. You can get a set of low profile sights from CZ.
    For that price you can't go wrong. mine was almost $400 about three years ago
    Check out the CF Forum for alot of good info on your pistol.http://p201.ezboard.com/fczechpistols82792frm34
    Good Luck
    Ruger P345 (45ACP)
    Colt Trooper (.357 Mag)
    CZ 40 P (40S&W)
    CZ 100 (9 MM)
    TZ 75 (9MM)
    Bersa Thunder 380 (.380)
    Ruger Mark II (.22)
    Heritage Arms Rough Rider (.22)
    (2)Phoenix Arms HP22 (.22)

(Dauphin County)

Here is my CZ100b. A few hints:

1) smooth the trigger and trigger bar as outlined on the CZ100 forum, as per the above post.

2) add a trigger stop, similar to those used on Kel-tec and other pistols, since the problem on this and other DAO pistols is generally the overtraval, not just the length of the pull.

To do so (UNLOADED--pull back on the trigger til you note where it breaks. Trim a piece of rubber (in this case a black rubber pencil eraser), to stop the trigger; superglue in place ; and test.

The trigger on mine is smooth and breaks crisply with no overtravel.

3) look for some CZ compact mags that hold more than 10 rounds. They will generally hold 12 and the .40 cal mags hold 14 rounds of 9mm. Try them for fit because the aftermarket mags will not match up with the lock in the mag well.

4) look for Glock holsters, paricularly the kydex ones will often fit, but you must trim the holster to the block that is right behind the ejection port.

BTW, that little piece is meant for you to be able to rack the slide against and object such as a table edge or boot heel. Takes some practice, just make sure your finger is not on the trigger.

Great shooting pistol and flay and concealable. Best wishes with it.

In Theory there is no difference between theory and practice,

In Practice, there is.