Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Need 2 questions answered...

1. is that Beretta is sending a few of us people who had problems(on the Beretta Forum) new PX4's, but it appears they are sending them to our house apparently. This is my carry gun, am I allowed to just take it out of the box? Don't I need to have the new serial number registered to my name somehow?

2.I sold a gun to a man in Texas(another member of the Beretta Forum), I took payment and shipped the gun to his FFL. Now was I supposed to do anything else besides ship to his FFL paperwork wise? Thanks guys...

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Need 2 questions answered...

As far as number 1....there is no registration in Pennsylvania...

The other question, I think you did all you need to do but someone with more knowledge should be along to help you in case I am wrong.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by jkroner659 View Post
    1. is that Beretta is sending a few of us people who had problems(on the Beretta Forum) new PX4's, but it appears they are sending them to our house apparently. This is my carry gun, am I allowed to just take it out of the box? Don't I need to have the new serial number registered to my name somehow?

2.I sold a gun to a man in Texas(another member of the Beretta Forum), I took payment and shipped the gun to his FFL. Now was I supposed to do anything else besides ship to his FFL paperwork wise? Thanks guys...

1) No registration in PA. The gun was a legal replacement and is yours. Enjoy

2) Only req is to ship to an FFL. Your fine.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Centre County)

For #2 you did all that was required.

For #1 The gun is a replacement and can be delivered directly to the owner. If you had a gun at a FFL to be repaired and it couldn't and the manufacturer sent a new (replacement) to the FFL, he (the FFL) just gives it to you. No paperwork at all needed.

Q1): Does a Federal firearms licensee (FFL) have to enter a replacement firearm into their acquisition and disposition (A&D) book?

(A1): When an FFL receives a replacement firearm from a supplier in exchange for a firearm that could not be repaired, the firearm should be entered into the FFL's A&D book. The firearm can then be shipped to the purchaser. No ATF Form 4473 is required.

18 U.S.C. § 922(a)(2)(A)
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Chester County)

You are good on all counts here. No Pa Registration, but keep you paper that says you own that gun with that serial number. Otherwise you may run into problems if we get another Dickson City indecent.

Just ship it to his FFL, the rest is on his end to deal with.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Montgomery County)

Great, thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by knighthawk06699 View Post
    You are good on all counts here. No Pa Registration, but keep you paper that says you own that gun with that serial number. Otherwise you may run into problems if we get another Dickson City indecent.

Just ship it to his FFL, the rest is on his end to deal with.
    I think SOMEONE can help, if you don't have the paperwork!!!!!...........

(Chester County)

what was wrong with your px4? ive had mine for a cpl years with thousands upon thousands of rounds i think i need a new barrel but thats about it

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by c.sander View Post
    what was wrong with your px4? ive had mine for a cpl years with thousands upon thousands of rounds i think i need a new barrel but thats about it
    Me and a few other Beretta Forum members had some "trigger sting" develop. The only way I can describe it is it felt like when playing baseball and you hit a pitch with a wooden baseball bat and it vibrates very fast and "stings" your hands, that's what it felt like on our trigger fingers. There was about 10 of us that sent our's into Beretta and now they are replacing them with new ones, still waiting on the new one. Grease on the central block seemed to dim it down some but it was still there, and it's my carry gun so it's not good if you hate shooting it, less practice is never good for a carry gun. Other than that, it's an awesome pistol, I love it. That and my Beretta 96 Elite1A(vertec grip, 1911 like grip) are my favorites.