Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Unhappy I got screwed by EZ-PASS

About two weeks ago I was on my way to Butler to visit the girlfriend. There are 3 lanes when entering the toll booths off of the turnpike. The farthest right was always a cash lane and the one to the left was for EZ-PASS. Me taking the same usual lane as always pulls up to the booth and come to realize that no body was there to take my cash!! I about s#!t myself as I realize I have just done a big uh-oh. I stop with a panic striken look of what the hell and sit for about five seconds. The friendly driver behind me is blasting his horn because I just cost him 5 seconds of his life he'll never get back. So I proceed forward waiting for swat to repel down from the sky and arrest me , haha .

Making it down route 8 a police officer is riding suspiciously close and i'm thinking this is it. Its the big time!!! He turns off but my guilt continues. I even still have my $1.65 sitting on the dash ready for the taking.

So yay me I get a letter from penn dot in the mail today.
    With a picture of my license plate like I stole gas or robbed a bank, haha. I am being charged $27.50 for total balance due!! As well as $25.00 for administrative fee's for the grand total of $52.50.

I don't understand how I could get this plowed in the arse. I could see a 10 or 20 dollar fine but my god!

Perhaps its time to get the evil EZ-Pass so I don't have the misfortune of this again. I'm kinda beside myself at the moment.
    No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: I got screwed by EZ-PASS

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingdonhavoc View Post
    Perhaps its time to get the evil EZ-Pass so I don't have the misfortune of this again. I'm kinda beside myself at the moment.
    DON'T DO IT!!!!

RFID technology is the mark of the beast!!!!!!!

P-11cash&carrySHOOTER

(Cumberland County)

call them a lot of times they will work with you on this.i have an ez-pass and sometimes it screws up and i get a bill in the mail for 20 or 30 bucks but when i call them i end up paying between 2 and 5.

(Allegheny County)

So they played the old "sign switcheroo" on ya'?

Sounds like entrapment.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Delaware County)

About two weeks ago I was on my way to Butler to visit the girlfriend. There are 3 lanes when entering the toll booths off of the turnpike. The farthest right was always a cash lane and the one to the left was for EZ-PASS. Me taking the same usual lane as always pulls up to the booth and come to realize that no body was there to take my cash!! I about s#!t myself as I realize I have just done a big uh-oh. I stop with a panic striken look of what the hell and sit for about five seconds. The friendly driver behind me is blasting his horn because I just cost him 5 seconds of his life he'll never get back. So I proceed forward waiting for swat to repel down from the sky and arrest me , haha .

Making it down route 8 a police officer is riding suspiciously close and i'm thinking this is it. Its the big time!!! He turns off but my guilt continues. I even still have my $1.65 sitting on the dash ready for the taking.

With a picture of my license plate like I stole gas or robbed a bank, haha. I am being charged $27.50 for total balance due!! As well as $25.00 for administrative fee's for the grand total of $52.50.

I don't understand how I could get this plowed in the arse. I could see a 10 or 20 dollar fine but my god!

I actually had something similar like this happen on 295 during rush hour in Northern NJ...I was going through a toll section where you just had to get a ticket...well, I pull up to the machine and the machine wasn't printing tickets (yes the lane was open), so myself and about 15 other cars had to back up and go to another lane...talk about embarrassing.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 338winmag View Post
    call them a lot of times they will work with you on this.i have an ez-pass and sometimes it screws up and i get a bill in the mail for 20 or 30 bucks but when i call them i end up paying between 2 and 5.
    if it's a problem with THEIR equipment, and your bill is paid in full, you shouldn't be paying for anything..
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    So they played the old "sign switcheroo" on ya'?

Sounds like entrapment.

Haha yep they did. I still have the ticket in my truck even!! It was staring me in the face the whole way to her house. With that "how could you" look
    No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    if it's a problem with THEIR equipment, and your bill is paid in full, you shouldn't be paying for anything..
    no they only charge me what the toll would have been.and they just charge my ez-pass not me.

(Allegheny County)

Every interaction I've had with them (including false billings) have been painless. One phone call and it's done.

I would call them up and explain the situation, they MAY take pitty....

(Mifflin County)

Probably because in a situation like this, the charge the highest toll possible for that location. They assume you entered the highway at the farthest away exit and traveled the entire highway to this particular exit. Just like they'd do if you lost your ticket and pulled up to the booth. The other $25 is for having to mail stuff to ya and someone having to enter your payment into a computer once you mail it to 'em.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast