Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Buds gun shop is bad business

So here is what happened. I ordered a couple of things from Buds gun shop. It was when they were doing the give away for the 500k customer. Not thinking anything of it I went ahead and tried to win. A week and a half later I see some fraudulent charges on my bank account. I call the bank, it will be 24hrs to credit the money and in the meantime we need to cancel your card as this is where the charges are coming from. This was on a friday, no bank open on saturday and rent was due that day, so no access to any of my money and now I have a late payment charge due for rent being late. Then I get this email :

The following Fraud Alert notification email was originally sent Friday evening to a list of our customers facing the possibility of fraud. Upon receiving several customer responses to the email today, we realized that not everyone on the list received a notification. In an effort to be sure everyone on the list is notified, we are sending the same email again tonight.

You may have noticed the alert on our website indicating that credit card payments have been shut down for the weekend. This is due to our staff receiving multiple reports from customers who have experienced unauthorized charges on credit cards that were used previously on our website. Many of these customers also have made purchases at other locations and websites, so we cannot be sure of the source of the problem at this time. Please be assured that we are communicating with our third party credit card processor and are gathering all the information we can to evaluate the nature and scope of the problem. In the best interest of all our customers, credit card processing has been completely turned off for the weekend. We expect to have the additional details on Monday and will then respond accordingly.

If you have concerns about one or more of your credit cards please proceed to check your credit cards on-line website or call your credit card issuing bank to check for any recent unauthorized charges. Keep in mind that should you discover any unauthorized charges you will NOT be responsible for them in accordance with your card member agreement.

We apologize for any inconvenience and do not wish to alarm you, however we feel a responsibility to quickly inform customers that placed an order using their credit card in the event that fraud has occurred.

Well, I tried to contact them to see if there was anything they would do about this as the email basically to me said our 3rd party biller and your bank will handle all of it and buds is just gonna give you this email. I explained to them everything that happened.....Nothing, no response at all. I will never do business there again. I will stick to buying from www.rggunsny.com. At least he doesn't ignore you if there is a problem!

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Buds gun shop is bad business

odd, I've bought several guns and ammo from them without any problems in the past.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    odd, I've bought several guns and ammo from them without any problems in the past.
    Yeah, but did you try buying something with the intention that you would be the 500k customer??? I think I saw this on a married with childrens episode.
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

(Lancaster County)

Someone else reported a similar issue.

http://forum.pafoa.org/shops-20/131717-fraud-alert.html
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Philadelphia County)

I don't understand. Were the fraudulent charges from Bud's themself? If not, I'm not sure what they could do. They alerted you to the problem. And said the billing company, and your credit card company would rectify it. What other response do you want? They can't reverse charges that didn't come from them.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ddefazio View Post
    Yeah, but did you try buying something with the intention that you would be the 500k customer??? I think I saw this on a married with childrens episode.
    it's been a few years now. it looks like their servers and/or site code was compromised.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Jefferson County)

Bud's isn't the problem, its the fraudulent charges by the person that stole your credit card number.

Blaming Bud's for this is like blaming Ford or Jack Daniels for drunk driving.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Pike County)

To the original poster.

Is it that the banks system that was hacked? or was it buds that was hacked?

If the banks is working on it I dont see how buds is involved. You bought items there or from them. It sounds to me as if someone hacked the banks system. If I e-mail was sent to others it would appear not to be buds end, but bank end hacking.

Now as for the late charge for rent. Get a letter and print a copy of the e-mail from the bank. Once you prove the late payment was beyond you control, you should get your late fee back. Yeah it sucks, but unfotunatly thats the way it works.
    From what you are sayin, you would have paid rent ON-TIME if it was not for the back closing ALL transactions. So its not your fault, Heck it does not appear to Buds fault either.

SO how does it have to do with Buds?? I read your post as someone stole credit card numbers somehow. But was it a employee of Buds? or some hacker? Your post is somewhat sketchy at the end, your first talkiing about the bank e-mail then say your never going there again. But you do promote another shop, Humm almost seems like a shameless plug .

OR are you sure your not pissed off at being customer #499,999???

Either way, Sorry to hear of the fraud billing, it sucks to deal with been there done that. But get the letter from the bank, it should get you any late fees back.

Snert..

PS. I have never had a business with Buds, and I'm not a paid actor on their behalf. AFLAK!!
    Last edited by Snert; April 11th, 2011 at 05:21 PM.

(Cumberland County)

Bud's was hacked over a week ago, lots of charges for airline tickets to 3rd world countries were purchased. Their billing agent was compromised, another good reason not to use debit cards for purchases. Your CC should take care of the charges as this was a mass fraud that is well documented.
    “They that plow iniquity and sow wickedness shall reap the same.” Job 4:8 ... III% OK

(Franklin County)

I'm a victim of the same incident with Bud's. My CC card compay received 3 charges, each for a little over $2000. Two from Saudi Arabia, one from South Africa. The CC company did not honor the claims, pending validation by me. Told them I was in Texas at the time, a much better country than either of those mentioned (lol). So, new CC card and account number on the way.

Don't think I can blame Bud's, though; either their or the billing company files were compromised. I had a similar incident last year - different CC company, purchase from another company. Seems to me this is just part of the electronic economy... doesn't cost me anything, minor inconvenience vastly overcome by the convenience of shopping on line.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast