Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Problems on the Home Front

Well the GF is not happy with me carrying. admittedly this is a new thing as i just turned 21 this year but the girl friend has been around for along time. her complaints is that i will get in trouble if not shot. that only bad people carry guns. that the police will shot me if i ever have to use it. and last but not lest that i am paranoid.

well i know one answer is to get rid of her but i would like to save that one for a last resort. 5 years is along time to though away over this.

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Problems on the Home Front

You have to explain to her why, and why you own guns. If you do it effectively it is logic she can't deny...and it she does well hopefully you agree to disagree. My ex(around same age) was never around guns but I explained to her the reality of it.

Try to get her to read http://www.corneredcat.com/
    Its a good read for you too.

Hopefully this site will help a little bit

i'd suggest sitting down and talking to her about it but it sounds you have. so i guess try to get her to read some news articles or something like that. but some people will always be anti gun might have to make the choice. tr to just carry and not even bring it up, she may get used to it.. my g/f loves that i carry, and cant wait till shes back in PA and can carry herself. but she also keeps 2shotguns in her apt.. sure am glad i didnt have to deal w/ that issue cause she'd have been gone.

best of luck those wiminz are rough

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Anderson View Post
    her complaints is that i will get in trouble if not shot. that only bad people carry guns.
    Bring her to the Westy Group Shoot on 11/11. She'll see that plenty of "normal" people think like you do.

Lycanwecanhelpthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Anderson View Post
    Well the GF is not happy with me carrying. admittedly this is a new thing as i just turned 21 this year but the girl friend has been around for along time. her complaints is that i will get in trouble if not shot. that only bad people carry guns. that the police will shot me if i ever have to use it. and last but not lest that i am paranoid.

well i know one answer is to get rid of her but i would like to save that one for a last resort. 5 years is along time to though away over this.
    Thats like saying the police will bitch slap her for talking.

Get a new girlfriend.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

I agree most of her arguments aren't valid. When the police roll up onto the scene, most likley after you call them they aren't going to slaughter you. Only bad people carry guns is just ignorance to the whole situation. and well getting into a legal battle after is almost a given, but hell would she rather visit your grave, or visit you in jail? maybe she just needs educated on the subject.

(Montgomery County)

I agree with everybody else. Talk to her about it, and hopefully she'll come around.

Unfortunately though, if that doesn't work, you're going to have to make a choice...

Proud member of:

(Washington County)

thanks for the advice guys. I might actually have a chance with this one because she is not really ant gun just anti gun for anything but target shooting and hunting i have taken her to the range and she has shot my 22 bolt action the 9mm in question and my AR.

She dose not mind them in the home as long as they are under lock and key but the one on my hip is a problem. she also said something about me being disarmed and her shot. I told her that would probly not happen becouse of the type of holster i use its a level 2 blackhawk. i even showed her how it worked.

I think the idea now is to just write down each of her arguments and write up the apporit counter argument.

(Montgomery County)

Good luck!

Proud member of:

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast