Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ammo Dump

(Bucks County)

Default Ammo Dump

PFOA Members, how much ammo do you keep on hand? This question was on another forum and some of the replies were interesting...I try to keep as much as I can, few hundred rounds for each caliber, money is tight and I try to hit the sales if I can...Mike45

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike45 View Post
    PFOA Members, how much ammo do you keep on hand? This question was on another forum and some of the replies were interesting...I try to keep as much as I can, few hundred rounds for each caliber, money is tight and I try to hit the sales if I can...Mike45
    I heard Gun shows are a good place to grab some decent ammo at moderate prices.

Im going to the Gun Show, if im not upstate camping, on October 7th at the PA National Guard on southampton road. Ive never been to a Gun show (shocking)..
    "SEPIUS EXERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATER INFINITAS"

A man who has no patriotic feeling is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

(Bucks County)

For what purpose? Plinking or post-SHTF survival? Two different genres. Two different categories of people.

For rifles, I have about 5k rounds each of .308 and .223...but then I stocked up back when the good NATO milsurp was much cheaper.

For rifle plinking, I keep a case or two around of whatever is decent and on sale

For handgun practice, when I see a deal on 9mm, I'll buy 5 cases on the spot, as that's less than a half year supply.

Pistol carry ammo: always at least 500 rds premium HPs.

(Philadelphia County)

I try to keep at least 1K rounds of each caliber.
    It gets expensive, so sometimes I'll have to let my reserves dwindle, but as soon as possible I'll stock up again.

Once I get my own house, Im planning on setting a decent reloading bench.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    a decent reloading bench.
    The gift (to self) that keeps on giving.

(Philadelphia County)

Keep your eyes and ears open children!

We've been talking about setting up a PAFOA ammo group buy. If we get enough people, Im sure we can get great prices.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Cumberland County)

I only keep my home defense ammo "on hand". I do this because I just can't help myself! We go to the range a few times a week and the more ammo I have, the more I shoot, usually until it's gone. It gets pretty expensive.

(Bucks County)

yeah, it does get tough on the finances to consistently keep 1k of each cal i have, but i always try to buy in bulk and keep my reserves full to the best of my ability, its far cheeper than buying the ammo on a single serve basis.
    Drak
    Life and Liberty, Freedom for all.

That is why I recommend buying a little each week...it adds up after a while...for a couple of months I was spending $50 a week on ammo...on 9mm, 40, and 45...it doesn't seem to hurt as much when you buy it little at a time versus all at once.

I won't reveal how much ammo I have on hand, because it's on a need to know basis. Lets just say I have more than some...less than others.

(Westmoreland County)

PFOA Members, how much ammo do you keep on hand?
    That's classified.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast