Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking What firearms are on the far end of the "legal" firearms spectrum in PA

OK, so I know this may sound as an immature topic, but here's the situation. I'm 25 years old and currently have CCP and have taken safety courses approx 4 years ago using my Glock 19. Life came at me fast, so I have not been able to get into the firearm scene as much as I wanted to. Now, I'm finally freed up and have lots of time. The problem is that I may be moving to a less gun friendly jurisdiction. What I want to do is purchase the most "awesome" (for lack of a better word?) firearms in PA before I hypothetically move. In other words, I'd like to put together a shopping list of suggestions of firearms (pistols, sub-compacts, carbines, rifles, and any components, like suppressors, etc.) that are at the far end of being legal in PA (and would probably never pass muster in another jurisdiction), but are also fun guns to have (like some HK MP5 variant?)

I welcome all suggestions to add to my grocery list-- thanks

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: What firearms are on the far end of the "legal" firearms spectrum in PA

Think about this... ...if you buy any "questionable" firearms or devices that are legal here in PA, but aren't legal in the other jurisdiction - you will not be allowed to take them with you. The mere possession in that other jurisdiction would probably be enough to put you in prison.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Fayette County)

Default Re: What firearms are on the far end of the "legal" firearms spectrum in PA

Huh?

The guns legal in PA are legal in all parts of PA.

Also, PA is a Class III state. So if you have a large enough wallet, you could get full auto and suppressors if you wanted.

Also, PA doesn't have a "CCP" permit, its a LTCF- License to Carry Firearms.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Think about this... ...if you buy any "questionable" firearms or devices that are legal here in PA, but aren't legal in the other jurisdiction - you will not be allowed to take them with you. The mere possession in that other jurisdiction would probably be enough to put you in prison.
    Agreed.

Decide where you will be moving. Find out what is acceptable there. Buy it here and take it with you.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Huh?

The guns legal in PA are legal in all parts of PA.

Also, PA is a Class III state. So if you have a large enough wallet, you could get full auto and suppressors if you wanted.

Also, PA doesn't have a "CCP" permit, its a LTCF- License to Carry Firearms.
    I think he may be moving out of state. That is how I took it.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

Of course, that's why I qualified with my post by saying that I may move, hypothetically speaking. I understand what you're saying. Of course, I could buy the firearms and then move and then forget to make an inquiry as to their legality in this other hypothetical jurisdiction. I would of course leave them in their "moving boxes" in my new home (as opposed to waving them around in public or attempting concealed carry with an AR15) and nobody would be the wiser, hypothetically, speaking, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^This
    OP your question makes zero sense. If by jurisdiction you mean some other state where guns laws are more prohibitive you intend on breaking the law. If jurisdiction means seemingly less friendly areas in Pa your question makes less sense, since those jurisdictions don't exist.

My vote for worse thread of the year.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by abovethelawn View Post
    Of course, that's why I qualified with my post by saying that I may move, hypothetically speaking.
    You just said you were moving to a different jurisdiction.
    "The problem is that I may be moving to a less gun friendly jurisdiction"

That doesn't imply a different state.

Once could move from rural PA to Philly and be in a different jurisdiction.
    But okay back on topic....

What state are you thinking about moving to?
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    I think he may be moving out of state. That is how I took it.
    Yes, hypothetically speaking, I could be moving out of state. I want to hypothetically take advantage of my rights in PA to hypothetically buy firearms that may be "frowned" upon in anti-gun states. Any suggestions for full auto firearms and neat "accessories" that I can add to this hypothetical grocery list?

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by abovethelawn View Post
    Of course, that's why I qualified with my post by saying that I may move, hypothetically speaking. I understand what you're saying. Of course, I could buy the firearms and then move and then forget to make an inquiry as to their legality in this other hypothetical jurisdiction. I would of course leave them in their "moving boxes" in my new home (as opposed to waving them around in public or attempting concealed carry with an AR15) and nobody would be the wiser, hypothetically, speaking, of course.
    That would still be illegal.

Example 1: You buy a gun that meets the definition of an "assault weapon"(other state's definition) while in PA. You then move to a state where "assault weapons" are illegal, and you bring that gun along - you are breaking the law.

Example 2: You buy a SBS, SBR, DD, or MG in Pennsylvania. Since those NFA devices require you to file a federal 5320 form to take it across state lines, and you new home is in a state that prohibits those items - the ATF will not approve the notice. And if you take the gun across state lines while moving you will be breaking federal and the other state's laws.

Example 3: You buy a handgun that isn't on an "approved" list of the other state while in PA. You move to that other state with the gun, you could be possibly in violation of that other state's laws.

Just the mere possession even in your home would be a violation.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast