Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Gun Appreciation Day!

Yesterday was Gun Appreciation Day.

What did you do to show your appreciation for guns? I took my 16 year old daughter to the range and we each put 150 rounds down range. My daughter shot her favorite gun, her Ruger Mark III 22/45, while I split my rounds between my M&P Shield 9mm and my Ruger SR9.

We had a great time. About half of her rounds were in the 10 ring. My daughter and I have always been very close (for about ten years, until she turned 13, we went EVERYWHERE together, usually hand in hand). She turns 17 next month, and shooting is just about the only thing we do together anymore. I can't tell you how much I enjoy the smile on her face when she runs off a nice tight group of shots.

Afterwards, we went upstairs to the shop and picked up 1000 rounds of CCI Blazer. It wasn't the cheapest selection they had in stock, but my daughter told me I had to get that as it runs so smooth through her gun, compared to the Winchester bulk pack.

Did anybody else do something special for Gun Appreciation Day?

Regards,

BCB

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Gun Appreciation Day!

First I oc'ed all day. I visited Hunters Gallery in Hamlin and then I went to Hemlock Gun Shop out in Lake Ariel to bust some balls. I really like Bruce and Ed.

(Westmoreland County)

My wife and I along with a couple of friends attended the rally at Harrisburg. After the rally we went to Bass Pro shop. I got some reloading stuff.

(Bucks County)

@ Qtrborecrazy: I'm not into OC (my wife wouldn't appreciate the attention it sometimes gets) but glad that you had a good OC day. I went CC for the day, but that's the norm for me except when at work.

@ pennlineman: How was Bass Pro's reloading stock holding up? I was only able to secure a single pound of 2230 yesterday at my local LGS. Primers in both SP and SR were non-existant. Glad I have about 4000 of each in my safe right now!

Regards,

BCB

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by BucksCountyBob View Post
    @ Qtrborecrazy: I'm not into OC (my wife wouldn't appreciate the attention it sometimes gets) but glad that you had a good OC day. I went CC for the day, but that's the norm for me except when at work.

@ pennlineman: How was Bass Pro's reloading stock holding up? I was only able to secure a single pound of 2230 yesterday at my local LGS. Primers in both SP and SR were non-existant. Glad I have about 4000 of each in my safe right now!

Regards,

BCB
    Not real well, I got a bag of brass and a couple boxes of bullets. After 2004 I started keeping a good stock of primers and powder. For now I'll just keep adding a few things at a time as I come across them.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by pennlineman View Post
    Not real well, I got a bag of brass and a couple boxes of bullets. After 2004 I started keeping a good stock of primers and powder. For now I'll just keep adding a few things at a time as I come across them.
    Exactly what I've been doing. I don't consciously go out and buy large quantities, but I do buy a little bit of whatever I can find every time I see it. Makes less of a dent in my wallet and ensures that my stocks don't run low.

Hopefully things improve soon. Just from a purely price-per-round perspective, being able to buy in bulk drives the cost down, even with the dreaded HAZMAT fee.

It would be hard to "appreciate" my guns if I didn't have anything to put down the pipe.

Bought some bullets for reloading at Cabela's yesterday. Was surprised they even had those as the shelves were cleaned out of ammo, and many of the gun displays were green. An astonishing sight to see.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

I wanted to go to The Handgunner yesterday to see if they had any Lancer mags as Lancer stated on a thread on ARF that The Handgunner would have AWM mags in stock.

I ended up going to one of my gun clubs to do some shooting. My daughter was sick, so it ruined our original plans. The weather wasn't too bad yesterday and anytime I get to go to the range is always a good time.

I was able to shoot my XD45 service model that I just installed night sights on. I also got to do more shooting with my XDs and 22 upper.

I wasn't able to attend the Harrisburg event because I had other plans prior to my daughter getting sick.

(Montgomery County)

Montgomery County, PA Gun Appreciation and Anti-United Nations Rally (video)

http://theinternationallibertarian.b...reciation.html

(Berks County)

The wife and I spent the morning and early afternoon at Cabela's, attending the Legal Heat Utah non-resident permit class. Got all that we need and will be mailing them off Tuesday.

The instructor was pro-open carry, as well. That was a plus. Quite a few escapees from New Jersey and New York there, as well. Guess it's the only way they'll be able to carry anywhere.