Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default I can't believe no one was going to help her sooner!

So I'm on my way home from work today when I come to a traffic jam on Rt 30. After about three light cycles, I finally get to a point where I can see what the problem is.
    There was a car broken down in the left lane in front of Round The Clock Diner... a woman & two children stranded in the passing lane with no apparent idea of what to do & cars wizzing past in the right lane & the entire left lane vieing for position to get around the obsticle, almost causing an accident with every car that angrily changed lanes to go around her.

I don't know how long she was there total, but as I said, I sat thru at least 3 light cycles before I could even see what the problem was.

So when the light changed at the intersection behind me & I could safely get over, I immediately pulled off the road & went to push her car to the shoulder so she would not be holding up traffic.
    Thankfully two other guys showed up then.. I said to them, "I can't believe no one did this sooner"... they said they had both gone to the next intersection & turned around to come back to help after seeing that it was a woman & two kids, so now we had two of us to push the car & a third to stop traffic first & then jump in to help push.
    I asked if she had a phone & had called for help, she said her brother was on his way... one of the other guys had her pop the hood & he was looking at the engine as I left (I couldn't be of much help in fixing a car made after 1970 anyway)... there was nothing else I could do so off I went... took a whole couple of minutes or less & traffic was once again flowing safely on a busy highway.

To those two GENTLEMEN who came back to help, Thank you!

To the two guys in Harley shirts who stood in the parking lot of the Diner & watched... time to turn in your man cards! They've been revoked!

To all who just drove past... unless you have a disability that prevents you from taking a minute of your busy lives & either pushing a car or stopping traffic momentarily while others push, you should all feel very ashamed of yourselves!
    Last edited by 87th PVI; August 2nd, 2009 at 05:56 PM.
    Let us never forget the sacrifice of those who have fought for us all.

Default Re: I can't believe no one was going to help her sooner!

Quote Originally Posted by 87th PVI View Post
    So I'm on my way home from work today when I come to a traffic jam on Rt 30. After about three light cycles, I finally get to a point where I can see what the problem is.
    There was a car broken down in the left lane in front of Round The Clock Diner... a woman & two children stranded in the passing lane with no apparent idea of what to do & cars wizzing past in the right lane & the entire left lane vieing for position to get around the obsticle, almost causing an accident with every car that angrily changed lanes to go around her.

I don't know how long she was there total, but as I said, I sat thru at least 3 light cycles before I could even see what the problem was.

So when the light changed at the intersection behind me & I could safely get over, I immediately pulled off the road & went to push her car to the shoulder so she would not be holding up traffic.
    Thankfully two other guys showed up then.. I said to them, "I can't believe no one did this sooner"... they said they had both gone to the next intersection & turned around to come back to help after seeing that it was a woman & two kids, so now we had two of us to push the car & a third to stop traffic first & then jump in to help push.
    I asked if she had a phone & had called for help, she said her brother was on his way... one of the other guys had her pop the hood & he was looking at the engine as I left (I couldn't be of much help in fixing a car made after 1970 anyway)... there was nothing else I could do so off I went... took a whole couple of minutes or less & traffic was once again flowing safely on a busy highway.

To those two GENTLEMEN who came back to help, Thank you!

To the two guys in Harley shirts who stood in the parking lot of the Diner & watched... time to turn in your man cards! They've been revoked!

To all who just drove past... unless you have a disability that prevents you from taking a minute of your busy lives & either pushing a car or stopping traffic momentarily while others push, you should all feel very ashamed of yourselves!
    Chances are the only thing Harley those guys own is their T-shirts.
    You did your good deed for the day....

well cudos to you for do a good deed and helping someone in need. whats wit people they cant even help out anyone else unless there going to benifit from it. what the hells wrong with people.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Sunrise View Post
    Chances are the only thing Harley those guys own is their T-shirts.
    You did your good deed for the day....

That`s all I`ve owned since the 70`s and I`ve stopped dozens and dozens of times to help both on my scooter and my tractor. In fact more often then not it`s the blue collar HD guys that stop not the scum sucking Lexus, Beemer crowd that won`t mess their manicure. I see that transplant crowd pull that all the time. like the day my wife and I were late for an engagement and were at Northampton Crossings where all we heard were horns blowing. Drove my truck over the curb in front of BK only to find a 40something girl broke down and people pissed and blowing horns to get by. Me, my wife and a guy in a ratty old Chevy pickup worked on it and finally pushed off the road while having assholes blow the horn and yell at us.
    I can honestly say after 30+ years across the US and over 3 1/2 million miles I`ve seen more bikers and truckers assist motorists then any other groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    I`ve seen more bikers and truckers assist motorists then any other groups.
    I think he was stating that the guys in Harley tee shirts didn't own anything made buy Harley [other than the tee shorts].

Meaning, there were wannabes, that had not Idea what the comradity between, riders and others entails.

If God didn't intend us to have guns why would he have given us a trigger finger?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MrBi11 View Post
    I think he was stating that the guys in Harley tee shirts didn't own anything made buy Harley [other than the tee shorts].
    OK, but why?

(Chester County)

Anytime I see someone broke down along side of the road, I always try to help. I usually have tools in my Jeep (an ammo can full), so I figure if I help out in some small way, it will make someone's life a little happier knowing that there are still people out there that still care. I don't look to get paid to help, that's just a bonus if they volunteer a monetary donation.

Two years ago, I winched an 18 wheeler out of a stuck situation on some ice. He wanted to pay me with a CD of his Christian band. I just smiled, and said "thanks anyway, just glad to help", and continued on my way home from work. Not that I'm not Christian or anything, I just really didn't want his CD.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves View Post
    OK, but why?

why do I think that is what he meant?
    because of his wording "Chances are the only thing Harley those guys own is their T-shirts."

If God didn't intend us to have guns why would he have given us a trigger finger?

(York County)

For the record... the guys in Harley Shirts in my OP was in order to describe them... that is what they happened to be wearing. & yes they looked like wannabes to me, just as Tequila Sunrise suspected. I didn't notice any bikes in the parking lot where they were standing & watching.
    I used to work @ Harley & know many fine bikers. (I don't like bike weekend at Gettysburg, just because I go there to relax & have history & quiet time, but things like open house at the plant here in York or Bike week in Daytona or Sturgis are fine with me)
    Let us never forget the sacrifice of those who have fought for us all.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by 87th PVI View Post
    For the record... the guys in Harley Shirts in my OP was in order to describe them... that is what they happened to be wearing. & yes they looked like wannabes to me, just as Tequila Sunrise suspected. I didn't notice any bikes in the parking lot where they were standing & watching.
    I used to work @ Harley & know many fine bikers. (I don't like bike weekend at Gettysburg, just because I go there to relax & have history & quiet time, but things like open house at the plant here in York or Bike week in Daytona or Sturgis are fine with me)
    I must have had a brain fart when I jumped to conclusions without digesting the entire post. Sorry.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast