Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: 9mm 1911?

(Montgomery County)

Default 9mm 1911?

Hey everyone. I am relatively new to this site, but have been reading the forums for a few weeks now and love it. I have been learning alot. Keep up the great work! A buddy of mine is absolutely obsessed with the 1911 style pistol but does not really want to watch his bankroll dissapear springing for 45 ammo all the time. I have heard that they make 1911s in 9mm but don't know a whole lot about them. Any info anyone can give me on this type of pistol would be great. And also where one can acquire one and what the prices are like? Thanks alot and again keep up the great work!

(Berks County)

Default Re: 9mm 1911?

There are numerous manufacturers that make 9mm 1911 style pistols. Two that come to mind right away are Springfield Armory our of Illinois and Para-Ordnance out of Canada. Both have their supporters and detractors. I would suggest going to their respective web-sites and investigating their various models and then seeing which you can find locally.

ETA: There are numerous good gunshops around the Norristown/KOP area. Two that I use are In-Site Firearms((610) 630-7468) over on Ridge in E-Norriton and King's Shooters Supply((610) 491-9901) in KOP. Both shops have very knowledgeable staffs and are very friendly. You might want to think about going to some place like French Creek Outfitters in Phoenixville where you might be able to find a gun your interested in to rent and fire on their range. Another option on that front would be Target World over in Chalfont. They're all in the book and if you explain your situation, especially face to face, you'll be able to get a lot of help.
    Last edited by billamj; March 1st, 2007 at 03:54 PM.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Bucks County)

Welcome to the forum Log9mm, check the Springfield Armory website, www.springfield-armory.com , as many of their 1911's are in 9mm. They should have the prices there too. They just came out with the EMP that was all the rage a few months ago, in the $900 range. Good luck and let us know what you come up with...Mike45

(Montgomery County)

Thank you both for the info. Bill, Funny you mentioned Insite and Target World. I bought both of my handguns at Insite and shoot them primarily at Target World for the time being. Neither of them have any 9mm 1911s in stock at the moment but we will definitely shoot over to French Creek to check out what they have to offer. Thanks again for the help! And anything anyone else has to add would be greatly appreciated.

-Logan

My 9mm 1911, ParaOrdnance variety:

"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil but, because of the people who do nothing about them."
    - Albert Einstein

(Washington County)

Colt made some 9mm 1911's also. At the Divito park gun show there was an individual there trying to sell one. I wanna say he offered it to me for about $450, but I'm not sure.

Vince
    www.bloomautomatic.com - Golf Ball Launchers for AR-15, SKS, FAL, and many others

www.bloomautomatic.com/lbsc - Long Branch Sportsman's Club, Long Branch, PA