Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem

Default Problem

I have already been gone a few weeks, and am expected to be gone again come March. I will be gone on March 18th, which is my 7th Wedding Anniversary. I am looking to spend about $100 and am looking for some ideas of what to purchase for my wife for our Anniversary. She is not easy to buy for, and is not really into guns, yet.

She likes clothes, jewelry but does not wear it often because she is Active Duty, and is really hard to buy for. Any simple ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
    Sgt....Do NOT piss off the wife, do NOT piss off the wife!
    Army Strong

These are my opinions, my opinions only. If you are offended, please, please, call Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, I would like the notoriety.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Problem

Long time no hear buddy - hope you are doing well.

I would highly recommend a gift certificate to a day spa where she can indulge herself to facials, massages, etc. Give her a day off from the stresses of life. Much more personal and should be better appreciated to conventional flowers and candy.

(Philadelphia County)

Traditional 7th wedding anniversary gifts have a theme of Copper and Wool. A contemporary or modern 7th anniversary gift has a theme of Desk Set. The flowers associated with the 7th anniversary are Jack-in-the-pulpit

The Gemstone list shows Lapis Lazuli and Onyx associated with this Wedding Anniversary
    http://www.anniversaryideas.co.uk/7t...nniversary.htm
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Allegheny County)

"Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post

I would highly recommend a gift certificate to a day spa where she can indulge herself to facials, massages, etc. Give her a day off from the stresses of life. Much more personal and should be better appreciated to conventional flowers and candy.
    Excellent idea! As a married woman and mother of 3 teenagers, that would be the perfect gift...if, and only if, she has time to do it. If you're close to Hershey, look into their spa. I know several women who went there and loved it!

(Berks County)

I'm on board with Philly and klpolk, go with the day at the spa thing. Its something I've gotten my wife more than once and has always been appreciated. Actually its normally appreciated to the point that she actually asks for another one for the next gift giving occasion.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    I gotta add my name to the growing list of supporters of the spa idea. It was one of the few gifts that the ex really liked receiving.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumarian View Post
    I gotta add my name to the growing list of supporters of the spa idea. It was one of the few gifts that the ex really liked receiving.
    Was that how she became Mrs Ex? Vicky got a spa package once from her daughter, she still raves about it, I was thinking her bday is coming up in a few days... Hmmm maybe valentines also...
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

I had been thinking about the spa day, but that means that I get the kids by myself while she is relaxing. I think it may happen like that. Maybe have some flowers delivered, and have someone drop off the gift certificate that day.

New issue added though, and this is the one the wife is really really mad about. My trip got extended by a day, I won't be home on my oldest son's bday.
    Quote Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
    Sgt....Do NOT piss off the wife, do NOT piss off the wife!
    Army Strong

These are my opinions, my opinions only. If you are offended, please, please, call Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, I would like the notoriety.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SGTUSArmy View Post
    I had been thinking about the spa day, but that means that I get the kids by myself while she is relaxing.
    That's part of what makes it a perfect gift, from her point of view.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast