Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default SPRINGFIELD XD OVERDONE !`

I'm not knockin' any one with an xd. But a loaded chamber indicater on the barrel as well as the rear of the slide. Not to mention a 1911 'backstrap safety. the three point trigger , block, and drop pin safety like the glock.
    This weapon is over engineered and so flippin safe i'm scared to death!...
    When will we all learn that safety has not one singular thing to do with the weapon that we use to defend our life and or that of others, but that safety
    resides in that skeletal encased mush of a brain atop your neck seemingly connected through the shoulder and arm down to the hand in wich we grip
    our newly manufactured over engineered , make the liberals happy hand gun!!!!!!!!!! forget it . Just hand me that ugly plastic glock and i'll feel
    safe.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: SPRINGFIELD XD OVERDONE !`

Good for you buddy.

Don't like it, don't shoot it.

Or make something better.

Or bitch about it on the internet.

P-11trygettinglaidSHOOTER

(Lancaster County)

I feel your opinion is valuable. Thank you for sharing. I have an XD-40 SC and while it is not my primary carry weapon, it, with all its safetys, has a far better chance than being on my hip than any Para I have ever shot. At least the XD fires when you pull the trigger. Again, my opinion only.

I got it just for the safty... I rather know it will fire when I pull the trigger and not have to worry if the lock is on or the hammer is back...
    simple break down and clean up...
    I love it....

All around great gun...

But hey if you dont like it dont get it...

more power to ya...
    ΑΣΦ

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by para-carrier View Post
    I'm not knockin' any one with an xd. But a loaded chamber indicater on the barrel as well as the rear of the slide. Not to mention a 1911 'backstrap safety. the three point trigger , block, and drop pin safety like the glock.
    When will we all learn that safety has not one singular thing to do with the weapon that we use to defend our life and or that of others, but that safety
    resides in that skeletal encased mush of a brain atop your neck seemingly connected through the shoulder and arm down to the hand in wich we grip
    our newly manufactured over engineered , make the liberals happy hand gun!!!!!!!!!! forget it . Just hand me that ugly plastic glock and i'll feel
    safe.
    The latest Glocks also have a loaded chamber indicator. The indicator on the back of the XD frame is a striker position indicator, it doesn't tell you the status of the chamber.

As to the grip safety, a number of people like it. It's all very well to say that you are the safety, and that's right, but it doesn't mean that mechanical safeties should be disregarded. People make mistakes, or things happen to them. It doesn't take much unwanted movement out of some holsters to expose the trigger of a Glock. On mine it's less than an inch. I wouldn't blame anyone for wanting a grip safety to back them up. In fact I might go the XD route for carry myself.

Quote Originally Posted by para-carrier View Post
    I'm not knockin' any one with an xd. But a loaded chamber indicater on the barrel as well as the rear of the slide.
    One is a loaded chamber indicator, one lets you know the striker is back.

Not to mention a 1911 'backstrap safety. the three point trigger , block, and drop pin safety like the glock.
    Safety = good.

safe.
    So a gun makes liberals happy?

The loaded chamber and striker indicator are meant so that if you need to grab your gun in the dark you can tell by finger check if it's loaded and ready to go, other than cycling the action in a glock (or just knowing) how can you walk up to any glock and tell me it's loaded in the dark?

There's a reason for certain levels of engineering...could have asked instead of insult if you didn't understand.

(Dauphin County)

The indicator on the rear of the slide is NOT a loaded chamber indicator, it is a "cocked" indicator. Also, the shooter is just as responsible for safety, if not more so, since the only thing required for a discharge is to pull the trigger. It seems like you are contradicting yourself by saying that safety is the responsibility of the shooter, but you use a gun that has an external safety that requires you to switch it off before using, thus releasing the shooter from one aspect of safe gun handling by making it impossible to discharge the gun before switching it off.
    Also, it does sorta seem like you are "knocking" us as not being capable of safe firearm handling since we use a gun with (OMG!) three internal safeties, but to me it seems we need to practice greater safety since we have no external device.

Edit: sorry OP, When I replied I thought you had stated that you used a gun w/ an external safety, but you did not. Otherwise, my points are valid.
    Last edited by ROCK-IT3; February 8th, 2009 at 11:30 PM. Reason: misunderstanding

(Lawrence County)

I'm not about to go carrying my 1911's cocked and unlocked...firing pin blocks or not.

Just a reminder.....we can discuss the mechanics of the pistol, but let's keep it civil.

Lycanlikessafetiesthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Chester County)

As noted, the rear protrusion is the "cocked striker" indicator... BUT, it's totally pointless, as there is no way to de-cock the gun.

If there is a round in the chamber, it's cocked, unless you just had a misfire.
    I have NO idea why they'd put it on there, other than to say their gun has one more "feature".

It's just one more thing to break.

Hey... Welcome to the forum!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast