Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lebanon County)

Default OLD DOG, NEW TRICKS (video collage)

Back around the end of April I got to thinking, can I make field videos of groundhog hunting. I had the makings of a mix of equipment. My .204 Ruger and the weak link, a Samsung 5X zoom digital camera. The first 4 1/2 minutes of this video demonstrates the 5X just did not have the horse power, for distances approaching 300 yards. The .204 can do the job, if the shooter is focused. You will see some real ugly misses.
    This video is a collage of various field clips that I shot.
    You will see a decided difference, about 1/2 way through when I started to use, a Panasonic 35X that my son gave to me. It is an older version, but for me it is perfect.

This was a huge accomplishment for me. Shooting the video, posting it on youtube and then get it onto the PAFOA forums. I guess you can say, I was home schooled for this project. At my age, electronics, gizmos that have endless instructions are not my cup of tea. What you are about to see is far from perfect, but you will see a progression in video quality, that gets me from the bottom, to at least being a NOVICE. Yes, not the best, but an accomplishment.

Will I get better ???? Not sure about that, but I will try. Also, go to full screen at youtube for a better looksee !
    fossil
    Last edited by ImAfossil; July 1st, 2015 at 04:16 PM.
    Do the eyes go first ?????? MAYBE NOT !

(Monroe County)

Default Re: OLD DOG, NEW TRICKS (video collage)

Why does this make me think of Monty Python and the "how not to be seen " sketch?
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Why does this make me think of Monty Python and the "how not to be seen " sketch?
    The only M. P. movie I saw was the 'Holy Grail'----It had the killer attack rabbit---There must be a 'killer attack groundhog' and I am saddled with a single shot. Should I miss, maybe the noise will scare him off.
    fossil
    Do the eyes go first ?????? MAYBE NOT !

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ImAfossil View Post
    The only M. P. movie I saw was the 'Holy Grail'----It had the killer attack rabbit---There must be a 'killer attack groundhog' and I am saddled with a single shot. Should I miss, maybe the noise will scare him off.
    fossil
    It was from the series. Here ya go-
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff