Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Bonnie and Clyde Guns sold for over $500k

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Bonnie and Clyde Guns sold for over $500k

NPR this morning reported that the .45 was "Clyde Barrow's 1911 Colt .45 revolver." I thought maybe the high price was due to the rarity of that model

(Allegheny County)

I wonder what would have happened to those guns if they were confiscated today, bet they would be part of a bridge within 5 years and not auctioned of in 80 years.

(Northumberland County)

wow thats crazy! for 2 guns owned by a bunch of scumbags, if it was owned by Jeff Cooper or Gen Patton yeah thats reasonable but 2 shitbags, i wouldnt pay a dime for them.

(Susquehanna County)

Bonnie and Clyde were reputed to have favored BARs as their automatic weapon of choice. I wonder what became of them?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by TXDMERC73 View Post
    wow thats crazy! for 2 guns owned by a bunch of scumbags, if it was owned by Jeff Cooper or Gen Patton yeah thats reasonable but 2 shitbags, i wouldnt pay a dime for them.
    Wonder whatever happened to General Patton's ivory handled pistols? Dumber question, but what kind of guns were they? I always imagined them to be Colt single-action revolvers.

(Armstrong County)

1873 Colt Single Action
    If it was the real thing and not a replica, for some time it was at the Patton Museum in Fort Knox, KY.
    Its been a few years since i've been there, but at that time there were many of Patton's personal belongings along with a fantastic display of tanks and other armor. Most of the tanks and armor have been moved to Fort Benning. Still worth checking out the museum though.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by lemko View Post
    Wonder whatever happened to General Patton's ivory handled pistols? Dumber question, but what kind of guns were they? I always imagined them to be Colt single-action revolvers.
    Patton had several handguns. But, there were 2 that he was pictured with most during WWII. One was a Colt Single Action Army 1873. This particular revolver he carried for many years including during his duty as Pershing's Aide De Camp in the Mexican Incursion. This particular handgun was used by Patton in a gunfight with on of Villa's Captains. The second revolver was a Smith & Wsson .357 Magnum with iirc a 31/2" barrel. Both of these guns had ivory grip panels and were carried in holsters of the Jordan type made for Patton (again iirc by El Paso Saddlery). The Belt was a standard General Officer's pistol belt of the day, and he used a first aid pouch on the belt to carry a compass in.

Patton would have been issued a handgun by the Army when he was first promoted to General Officer rank. Various models were used for this, and could have been a Browning or Colt .380 or .32 some Gewneral's were even issued .38 Special revolvers made by Colt or S&W.

AFAIK, the Patton revolvers are on display at the Patton Museum of Armor and Cavalry at Ft. Knox, Ky.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".