Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Lazzeroni Rifles - Wow! Check this out!!

Has anyone ever heard of these rifles before? Check them out at:

http://www.lazzeroni.com/ct_lacart.htm

Don't just look at that page only. Look around on the whole website, and do some comparing.
    They are rather expensive, but I'm thinking that it is one nasty set of guns. Look at the ballistics on some of those things! They appear to be really potent. Does anyone on this website have one, or know anyone who has one, etc.? A bunch of those guns are pushing well over 3,500 fps with bullets heavy enough for some PA big game. Some of their lighter loads are even exceeding 4,000 fps. I'm thinking for that price, they ought to be really good guns, but I guess nothing is better than hearing from somebody who actually owns one. Even if you don't own one, tell me what you think of them.

Default Re: Lazzeroni Rifles - Wow! Check this out!!

Quote Originally Posted by S&W500Mag View Post
    Has anyone ever heard of these rifles before? Check them out at:

http://www.lazzeroni.com/ct_lacart.htm

Don't just look at that page only. Look around on the whole website, and do some comparing.
    They are rather expensive, but I'm thinking that it is one nasty set of guns. Look at the ballistics on some of those things! They appear to be really potent. Does anyone on this website have one, or know anyone who has one, etc.? A bunch of those guns are pushing well over 3,500 fps with bullets heavy enough for some PA big game. Some of their lighter loads are even exceeding 4,000 fps. I'm thinking for that price, they ought to be really good guns, but I guess nothing is better than hearing from somebody who actually owns one. Even if you don't own one, tell me what you think of them.
    they are quite expensive, the man who built my .50bmg has a bullet that is 5000 fps i think its a 50 cal necked down to a 375, not sure. but seems awful fast..
    FJB

Yes I have heard of them, lol. If you intend to handload everything, spend alot of money on one of their rifles, and have a VERY short barrel life, go for it. Otherwise, there's better ways to ago about killing some PA big game. Some handloaded normal magnums like the .300 winmag, or the 7mm Mag will push bullets right near what they're showing. If you wanted to build something like a .300 winmag AI, or 7mm mag AI, you could get the same velocities, possibly faster. Then you wouldn't be stuck with using only their stuff. Their prices on ammunition and brass a ridiculous, so I would probably stay away from them. Either way, you don't need that much velocity, especially with the .308's, to kill some PA big game. Just some things you should think about.

Well, yeah, I know you are probably right. But I reckon' it doesn't hurt to gawk. Hahaha! :-) I know, you don't really need a gun like that to shoot PA big game. You're right. I've gotten several deer with a good 'ol Marlin .30-30, but never tried that gun out on any longer distance shots. It just wouldn't be enough gun. I've shot deer and groundhogs and other stuff at 200-250 yards with my .338 Mag, and target practiced at 300 yds, but the sucker kicks. I was just thinking that with a high velocity rifle like some of those Lazzeroni guns would probably be pretty versatile as both a big game gun, and as a long distance varmint gun. Not that you really need that big of a bullet to kill a varmint, but I'm guessing that a bigger bullet like that (bigger than a lot of .22 caliber varmint guns typically used for varmints) would have better downrange ballistics because of a better sectional density and ballistic coefficient. Right?
    I just like the higher velocity stuff because of their relatively flat trajectory, and was kind of surprised to see the data on Lazzeroni's website.