Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default 102 arrested across city in massive narcotics raid

102 arrested across city in massive narcotics raid

By DAVID GAMBACORTA
    Philadelphia Daily News

gambacd@phillynews.com 215-854-5994
    Philadelphia narcotics cops have dropped the hammer yesterday on two notorious drug gangs that have been at each other's throats for months.

After four murders and a spate of shootings linked to the warring factions battling for dominance in a West Kensington neighborhood, police yesterday moved into place their narcotics field-unit team.

Two weeks' worth of intelligence work culminated in a series of daylong raids and arrests.

By late last night, 94 search warrants had been served, 102 people arrested, including 10 juveniles, and more than $698,000 worth of drugs, cash and guns confiscated.

When cops swarmed a house on Kip Street near Tioga, they found a dogfighting ring, including one champion pit bull and three other dogs that cops referred to as "chew dogs" because they were used for training for the big dog.

Also found was a wooden treadmill, which was marked on the side: "Red River Curley Quality Treadmills." It and other devices were used to get the dogs in fighting shape, said Deputy Commissioner William Blackburn at a news conference at the 25th Police District headquarters, Whitaker Avenue near Erie.

Narcotics Inspector Bob Snyder said 21 weapons had been confiscated, including sawed-off shotguns and rifles. He noted that yesterday's crackdown was just one in a series of raids that police, FBI and Drug Enforcement Administration agents have conducted throughout the city over the past several months.

"If we haven't been to one section of the city, we're coming," he said. "If we've been to your section of the city, we'll be coming back."

Police noted some heroin packets bore the name of President-elect Barack Obama. Blackburn said that many dealers use movie titles, or names of actors and politicians to identify their brands.

Blackburn said he believes that the arrests and the drug and weapon seizures has left the warring drug gangs devastated. *
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

(Beaver County)

Default Re: 102 arrested across city in massive narcotics raid

and every one of them will be back on the streets in a couple months with our wonderful revolving door system...
    Please visit my Website for Exotic ammunition and 37mm goodies... http://gunshowgoods.com

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by bige64 View Post
    and every one of them will be back on the streets in a couple months with our wonderful revolving door system...
    Took the words right out of my mouth. Then when one of them shoots a cop it will be "Oh my, we have to outlaw those evil guns".

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by 5711-Marine View Post
    Police noted some heroin packets bore the name of President-elect Barack Obama.
    Shoot, I thought they really had something on him this time Well, I hope they keep trying

Be safe (and drug free).

Scott

(Allegheny County)

"If we haven't been to one section of the city, we're coming," he said. "If we've been to your section of the city, we'll be coming back."

Badass quote!

(Northampton County)

Brilliant.

Stay out of Philly, guys. It's gonna get ugly now that there's a power vacuum to fill. At least organized violent crime is... organized. Now there's just going to be violent crime.
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by 5711-Marine View Post
    Police noted some heroin packets bore the name of President-elect Barack Obama. *
    probably donated by A.C.O.R.N for thier vote"s"
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Montgomery County)

I've got nothing but contempt for the dogfighters. I can only hope that someone makes these people (a loose description at best) their special project at some point while in custody.

Here is hoping a few of these spineless bastards "resist arrest" for a couple hours.

People need to take back their neighborhoods. I wouldn't tolerate things like this around my home, why do they?

(York County)

[QUOTE=MichaelJ;498358]I've got nothing but contempt for the dogfighters.

Yea selling drugs is one thing but how could they even think of dog fighting!
    RIP -The US constitution.

(Montgomery County)

[QUOTE=NY Refugee;498371]
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ View Post
    I've got nothing but contempt for the dogfighters.

Yea selling drugs is one thing but how could they even think of dog fighting!

People aren't forced to buy drugs, they choose to. The dogs didn't have a choice. And like in the case with firearms, a few dumb#*$#s give the rest a bad name.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast