Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Talking 2A radio advert from CTD

Well upon leaving the base after getting off work today, I hear a 2A promotional radio advertisement from none other than Cheaper Than Dirt! Keep in mind, this is Montana and they are a lot more keen on carrying. The ad was promoting that although owning a firearm is a responsibility, that every home should have one. That was followed by advertising there merchandise be it guns, ammo, or accessories. I just thought it was pretty cool to finally hear someone advertising the right to carry to the public.
    United States Air Force 2010-2016

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: 2A radio advert from CTD

CTD has been advertising on the radio here in central PA too.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Lycoming County)

Was not aware of that haha. I have not seen any threads about it recently and I thought I should share . I still troll the forum even though I am like 2300 miles away.
    United States Air Force 2010-2016

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Beest21 View Post
    Was not aware of that haha. I have not seen any threads about it recently and I thought I should share . I still troll the forum even though I am like 2300 miles away.
    I haven't noticed it if it's been mentioned here. I first recall hearing one a couple months ago, I think.

Broadly paraphrased, the ad says something like "Bringing a firearm into your home is a big decision, and it's important to do so safely. At CTD we have a variety of products to help keep you and your loved ones safe and secure."
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Westmoreland County)

They have been running the same radio ad here on the Pittsburgh conservative talk radio station, 104.7 for at least a few months. It is owned by Clear Channel, so most likely it is being run nationally on other Clear Channel stations that have a similiar format.
    LUKE 11:21 == Proverbs 29:2 = Proverbs 25:28

(Wayne County)

I have been hearing CTD radio commercials here as well and was quite surprised to hear them on the "local" radio stations running advertisements as well. I was wondering if it was statewide but hadn't taken the time to post the question.
    "Freedom is our most precious commodity and if we are not eternally vigilant, government will take it all away. Individual freedom demands individual responsibility."

(Montgomery County)

I've been hearing ads here on one of the talk radio stations for a gun shop in South Jersey.

(Northampton County)

CTD absolutely raped people on ammo and supplies 2008-2009. Like 4-10x even the inflated prices at the time. Preying on their pool of stupid customers and absolutely desparate newbies.

I guess that is a legitamate business model. Charge prices nobody in their right mind would ever pay, even 3x what the most desparate people would pay, but leverage advertising and marketshare to prey on the uninformed and ignorant.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I've seen some good prices there on some things, but then they rape you on the shipping charges. Still, it's great hearing commercials like that on the radio.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    CTD absolutely raped people on ammo and supplies 2008-2009. Like 4-10x even the inflated prices at the time. Preying on their pool of stupid customers and absolutely desparate newbies.

I guess that is a legitamate business model. Charge prices nobody in their right mind would ever pay, even 3x what the most desparate people would pay, but leverage advertising and marketshare to prey on the uninformed and ignorant.
    I consider that to be buyer beware. I don't buy anything from anywhere until I do price comparison. Thank vishnu that Algore created the inturwebs so that it can be done quickly and easily now. IMO, if people are dumb enough to buy something without spending a few minutes comparing prices, that's their own fucking fault.

I have bought some things from CTD, because after checking around they did have the best price on what I was interested in. But there are some things I wouldn't buy from them because they are over priced.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast