Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lebanon County)

Default Glock caliber conversions

Was hoping that someone might be able to tell me if you can swap a G35(40sw) barrel and mags into a G34(9mm)?
    I know you can do it with other glocks like my 27 that I have a 9mm and 357sig barrel for.
    I just can't seem to find anything other than replacement 9mm barrels for it on the few glock sites I've looked at.

I'll hopefully be getting the gun in a few days and would like to be able to shoot a few different calibers on the same platform depending on the ammo situation.

Thanks for any help.
    "Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun." Jeff Cooper

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Glock caliber conversions

cant exactly answer ytour question but you could always drop that and buy a 20.... then get this

http://americantactical.us/gci.html

i have a g26 could i buy a 27 barrel and mag and shoot .40???
    also have a g30 and have the .22lr kit for it but what else could i convert it to??

lone wolf G35 chambered for 9mm

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1043
    FUCK BIDEN

(Lebanon County)

Thanks for the input but I think I might have explained it backwards. The glock I am getting is a 9mm and I was looking for a 40/357sig barrel for in it. The link for the lonewolf site is to make a 40 into a 9mm.

As for a G26 to the best of my knowledge it is exactly is the same as a G27 (except the caliber)so its just a matter of getting a different barrel and mags to make it into that caliber. Whats nice about the 40/357 sig is that the mags are the same.

The 50GI conversion is sweet looking but ammo has to be very pricey. I'd almost just go with a Judge and 3" 410's.

(Monroe County)

I have (well not yet, DC gets his Kimber and the Glock is Mine....all mine) a G27, I also have a slide, barrel along with mags to covert to the G26. 9mm is cheaper to target with :P

If this can be done with one model I'm sure the G35 must have a match also in 9mm. All you need to do is find someone that knows everything about Glocks to tell you which model is the match.

(Allegheny County)

I have converted .40 to .357 and vice versa with 100% results. When I tried to convert my .40 to 9mm I ran into many failures to extract. In my experience it isn't quite 100% mainly due to the breechface variance. I'd run it for the range and such but wouldn't be comfortable carrying it in that setup for defense. To convert a G26 to .40 you'd definatly need a whole new slide assembly and all since the breechface dimensions on the 9mm are smaller than the .40.

(Lawrence County)

The G34 and G35 are the same frame and when converting the G35 to 9mm it seems to be a simple barrel swap.

When you convert a G35 into a G34, I'm pretty sure you need a new slide and a barrel since I don't believe you could get a .40 cal barrel through the end of a G34 slide. The G34 barrel is smaller and lighter and the conversion kits for the G35 to shoot 9mm end up being a pseudo bull barrel since the outside dimensions need to be like the original .40 caliber barrel.

Lycanthe35ismoreversatilethrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

Sorry I misread your post. Thought you were going the other way. Anyway it’s been a while, but I think I read about 9mm conversions up to .40, but IIRC it required a new slide.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Lebanon County)

After thinking about it for a bit I didn't take the breech face and extractor location into consideration.

I actually emailed LoneWolf's guys to see if I/we were on the right track and here is what I got back.

"You can not convert your G34 "up" to a 40 or 357. You would need a complete top end. We offer all the parts: slides start at $175, internals about $80, barrels start at $100 and sights are your choice"

So I guess that is really the answer. If I wasn't getting such a deal on the G34 I would get the G35 and go from there. Looks like I might need to get yet another gun for the collection. What a bummer..........