Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Crossbreed Super-Tuck ... (w/ M&P9)

I bought a crossbreed super-tuck which arrived in the mail today. I chose it because I had seen several people recommend it on these forums.

If you own a crossbreed super tuck, and even better, if its fitted for an M&P9, would you mind sharing what position you wear it at? I'd like to see if there is a trend for a specific position due to comfort, tactics, concealment, etc.

I just got mine today, so I am wearing it empty for now- trying to find a good position. The 1 o'clock and 2 o'clock positions tend to prevent me from doing some bending, like going down to tie my right shoe. 3 o'clock seems to print like a kinkos (haha I made a funny) and thats with NO firearm. I have not gotten it back further yet (I am letting it sit in each position for a while, to try and get a 'real' feel).

My primary goal is concealment. Comfort and tactics (drawability) come next.

I am 6'4" and 207lbs... a bit slim- if that info can help in making suggestions:-)

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Crossbreed Super-Tuck ... (w/ M&P9)

I'm a bit bigger then you (6'4 - 260) and I carried a USP in one, I wore it at about 4:00. Very comfortable, it will lose its "flat" shape in a little while and the creaking noise will go away as well.

I personally found it much better to cant the weapon forward quite a bit as this reduced the grip sticking out, I think I had the cant at1 less then the max (front down to the bottom hole, back 1 hole down from the top).

Its a great holster, good solid retention, good comfort, overall I'm sure you'll be very happy with your choice
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

I carry my XD sub in it at about 4:00 as well.

Seems to be the sweet spot, I was planning on getting their OWB "snapslide" if this deal for a serpa falls through.

I carry right behind my hip with mine. I trimmed quite a bit of leather off of mine, more so than is trimmed off when you order the combat grip. I didn't want anything in the way to interfere with me getting a grip in a hurry when/if necessary.

My next IWB hybrid will either be a Comp-Tac...either the Spartan or MTAC.

(Washington County)

Does the Crossbreed Super-Tuck sit below the belt line or right at the belt line? Has anyone here been able to successfully appendix carry with the Super-Tuck?

I've heard nothing but good things about the Super-Tuck, and had considered it when holster shopping for my M&P 9c, but I decided to stick with what I know works for me and bought a High Noon Hidden Ally. The Hidden Ally I got works just fine, better if I have my had in my pocket, so I'd been kicking around the idea of picking up the Super-Tuck as another option. If it can't be appendix carried though, then I think it's a no-go for me.
    I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. -- Susan B. Anthony, July 1871

Quote Originally Posted by colagrrl View Post
    Does the Crossbreed Super-Tuck sit below the belt line or right at the belt line?
    Ride depth is adjustable with the supplied belt clips.

Has anyone here been able to successfully appendix carry with the Super-Tuck?
    The QuikClip is a better choice for AIWB carry when looking at CrossBreed's lineup.

I've heard nothing but good things about the Super-Tuck, and had considered it when holster shopping for my M&P 9c, but I decided to stick with what I know works for me and bought a High Noon Hidden Ally. The Hidden Ally I got works just fine, better if I have my had in my pocket, so I'd been kicking around the idea of picking up the Super-Tuck as another option. If it can't be appendix carried though, then I think it's a no-go for me.
    I would go with something else for the AIWB carry. Also, if you're thinking about a SuperTuck, consider the Minotaur Spartan from Comp-Tac. I think it's a nicer holster with more features for just a bit less money.

If you want a really nice holster that's even nice than the Spartan, check out the MTAC from Comp-Tac.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by jtkratzer View Post
    The QuikClip is a better choice for AIWB carry when looking at CrossBreed's lineup.
    Wow, I never even looked at the QuickClip. Just now I read through the FAQ's for the Super-Tuck and saw that they don't recommend it for appendix carry.

Quote Originally Posted by jtkratzer View Post
    I would go with something else for the AIWB carry. Also, if you're thinking about a SuperTuck, consider the Minotaur Spartan from Comp-Tac. I think it's a nicer holster with more features for just a bit less money..

If you want a really nice holster that's even nice than the Spartan, check out the MTAC from Comp-Tac.
    I bought my M&P 9c just after Christmas, but I'm just now coming around to the idea of carrying it and bought the Hidden Ally for it in mid July. I normally carry a Bersa Concealed Carry .380, so switching to the 9c is quite a step up in caliber, as well as both size and weight.

I'm not really digging the Spartan, with the exposed rivets on the backside, but the MTAC looks pretty comfortable. I like the fact that you get to select the width of the clips, so they match the width of your belt. My current carry holsters lack that feature and just came with a universal size clip. My holsters don't really move around, but the clips are definitely on the large size and fairly noticeable on the belt line. At any rate, now the MTAC is on the top of my shortlist Thanks jtkratzer, for the links and the recommendations!
    I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. -- Susan B. Anthony, July 1871

(Dauphin County)

I have pics of my supertuck with my m&p in it I'll post pics tomarrow (posting on my phone) so u can see how u have mine set up. Mine sits right on my belt line just high enough so that the grip is just enough exposed to grab and go if needed. I wear this holster for deep concealment and it works great for me and it's real comfertable I forget I have it on sometimes.

I'm not really digging the Spartan, with the exposed rivets on the backside,
    The SuperTuck has exposed rivets/attach points as well. The main difference is the Spartan has nicer belt clips and the kydex body is interchangeable for other guns you have. You can buy one Spartan with the kydex for your M&P and buy a separate kydex body for your Bersa and use one holster to carry both guns with a little work to change the kydex bo

but the MTAC looks pretty comfortable. I like the fact that you get to select the width of the clips, so they match the width of your belt.
    The MTAC is really nice, but you pay a bit more for it.

My current carry holsters lack that feature and just came with a universal size clip. My holsters don't really move around, but the clips are definitely on the large size and fairly noticeable on the belt line. At any rate, now the MTAC is on the top of my shortlist Thanks jtkratzer, for the links and the recommendations!
    Certainly. I like the SuperTuck a lot, but a buddy has the MTAC and it's definitely nicer. I think the Spartan is nicer and you get more for your money with a better kydex covering of your firearm than you do with the SuperTuck. Just my opinion though.

(Dauphin County)

from above as promised

Hope that helps

You can also adjust the height of the weapon my move the hooks on the holster, thats on the lowest setting where i like it for deep conceal as it rides the pant line

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast