Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Police Officer Uses Taser On 10-Year-Old Girl

http://www.4029tv.com/news/21638427/detail.html

OZARK, Ark. -- Ozark police said they were called to a home where a mother asked for help with her unruly child, but the 10-year-old's father said he's outraged at the force police used against his daughter.

"I would like to say Ozark police Tased this little girl right here. Ten years old and [they] shot electricity through her body, and I want to know how the heck in God's green earth can they get away with this," said the girl's father, Anthony Medlock.

Medlock said his daughter was at her mother's house when Ozark police Officer Dustin Bradshaw shocked her in the back with a Taser and arrested her.

"If you can't pick the kid up and take her to your car, handcuff her, then I don't think you need to be an officer," Medlock said.

Medlock said his daughter does show signs of having emotional issues, but she "doesn't deserve to be treated like a dog. She's not a tiger."

According to a police report, the officer was called to the home by the mother and witnessed the child kicking and screaming.

The officer's statement said the girl's mother, Kelly Hamlert, told him to use a Taser on her if he needed to.

The officer did shock the girl after he said she kicked him in the groin.

"He had no other choice. He had to get the child under control," said Ozark police Chief Jim Noggle.

Noggle said the officer shocked the girl for about a second.

Ozark police said it is their policy to use a Taser on someone who is a threat to others, no matter their age.

Noggle said simply restraining the child could be harmful.

"Well, if he tried to restrain her, he might hurt her by restraining her. If you grab somebody, you can slip an arm out of joint. They can slip from you and fall on the ground," Noggle said.

"I don't know what kind of policy it is. I don't think it's right," Medlock said.

Medlock said this is not the first time the girl's mother has called police to take her daughter to a juvenile facility. He said he will now try to get custody of his daughter.

"She just wants somebody to love her, and I do," he said.

40/29 News checked with several other police agencies about their taser policies. The Fort Smith Police Department said it will only uses a Taser on a person 14 years old or older if they are a threat to someone.

Fort Smith Police said it's usually the discretion of each police department to make their own policies on using a Taser.

Noggle said no action is being taken against the Ozark officer who used the Taser on the girl, and he said her case will go before the juvenile court system.

unbelievable.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Police Officer Uses Taser On 10-Year-Old Girl

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post

unbelievable.

Unbelievable that the mom called the police for a 10 year old. How about some responsibility in raising your kids?

Unbelievable that the police tazed her.\

Unbelievable that I didn't think of this when my kids were younger.
    "The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

(Bucks County)

If it was my dad he would have used his size 54 belt to get me inline.
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

(Allegheny County)

In today's world where spanking your child can get you sent to jail, maybe calling the police is the smart thing to do.

I'm pretty sure that some of things that my mother did to me would get someone arrested today.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley-X View Post
    In today's world where spanking your child can get you sent to jail, maybe calling the police is the smart thing to do.

I'm pretty sure that some of things that my mother did to me would get someone arrested today.
    I really hope that you are joking... Please tell me that you are joking.
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley-X View Post

Can't believe what I am reading. Its pretty sad when someone wants the Police (and nothing against the police) to raise their kids and not themselves.
    "The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

(Beaver County)

I fucking hate cops. more and more every day. And I dont care what you think about that statement, until they stop acting like an occupying force, fuck em. Living in Pittsburgh has really opened my eyes to the way police act like they are above the law. G20 summit was a special example.

(Philadelphia County)

admittedly, that's not what he said.

edit: directed to theo

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by theo View Post
    Can't believe what I am reading. Its pretty sad when someone wants the Police (and nothing against the police) to raise their kids and not themselves.
    This is why I have said, some people should not be allowed to have kids.

(Montgomery County)

It's not a matter of police raising their kids. That's quite a leap. It takes a lot to raise kids, not just tase or beat them when they're out of control.
    This girl kicked a cop in the groin! And we're to expect the parent to do what?

Medlock said his daughter does show signs of having emotional issues,

Medlock said this is not the first time the girl's mother has called police to take her daughter to a juvenile facility.
    If this girl is incorrigible or has mental issues, then calling the police IS what you do to raise your kid.

You can't beat your kids. Even trying to restrain an out of control kid can cause physical harm which you'll likely get charged with. And if your kid has a mental issue, you can beat them all you want, it won't work. They need professional help. Sounds like this girl is in need of some serious help.
    The right to bear arms isn't for hunting bear. Subliminal Messages

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast