Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thumbs down Every armed person is someone just waiting to become a criminal (Letter)

This has to be one of the most stupid letter's to the editor I have read.
    I wonder how a person like this can function in society?

http://www.ydr.com/story/opinion/rea...inal/81001214/

Letter to the editor YDR.

Every armed person is someone just waiting to become a criminal

Recently, there have been two events that shine brightly in favor of the Second Amendment right to bear arms.

A person blows a horn at an inattentive driver and she points a pistol at him.

In the other, a vehicle comes up beside another vehicle on Route 30 and fires a shot through the passenger-side and driver-side window.

In both instances, the "motive" was not identified.

There is about a 95 percent chance that the first individual's primary function was operating a cell phone, and driving, therefore, was secondary – well, maybe tertiary considering that wielding a gun was obviously very important.

The second incident most likely involved some level of road rage.

Certainly by NRA standards, the use of a weapon was justified. It certainly implies justification for having everyone armed.

Then we can all walk around with a cell phone in one hand and a gun in the other.

If the police want to determine a motive, they might want to start with stupidity.

I do not want to infringe on anyone's rights.

I served 20 years in the U.S. Navy protecting your right to "bare arms," or was it to "arm bears."

We keep getting it pounded down our throats that everyone should be armed because the bad guys are armed.

In reality, every armed individual is someone just waiting to become a criminal.

If you believe so strongly in the Second Amendment, then you should arm yourself with a musket and a flintlock pistol, because that is what the founders had in mind when they established the Constitution.

David Freed

York Township
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Every armed person is someone just waiting to become a criminal (Letter)

Wow, does Obamacare cover mental illness? This one needs some help.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Every armed person is someone just waiting to become a criminal (Letter)

Quote Originally Posted by wa3ra View Post
    Wow, does Obamacare cover mental illness? This one needs some help.
    He may bankrupt the nation.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Lancaster County)

If this guy believes in the first amendment, I hope he wrote this garbage with a quill pen and ink well because that's what the founder fathers used.

Anyone else waiting to be declared a "criminal" for merely owning firearms? That's when the gloves come off I'd say.

People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Carbon County)

Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    There is a place like that, but William Penn made sure to put a river between us and New Jersey, to keep out those hoplophobic riffraff.
    There is NO evidence of widespread journalistic integrity.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by olderguy View Post

The OP lists York Twp as residence, this one is in Camp Hill, but could be a kid, or other such.

Or could be lying about location.

Hokkmike Guest

Er..David - muskets and flintlocks were the top technology of the day. Therefore we should pattern ourselves accordingly. And if you have the mindset that ALL who carry guns are potential criminals PLEASE do not carry one yourself. You may be a potential criminal and are also dealing with, from what you write, mental issues.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast