Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default anyone load for 25acp?

anoyone load for the little bugger? Any tips?

I know it's a crappy round. Please don't tell me. This ain't about it being carried or for sd. It's about shooting some great old pocket guns for fun without burning a hole in the same pocket.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

Default Re: anyone load for 25acp?

25acp? its a good round, and definitely good for SD. (i carry one). its all about placement. getting back to loading, no, i dont know anybody who reloads them, i often thought about it myself. i'll have to check, but if im not mistaken, they are a little pricey to reload.
    FJB

Speer 25 Caliber ACP 35 Gr GD HP (Per 100) starting at 20.00 (gunbroker)
    FJB

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    25acp? its a good round, and definitely good for SD. (i carry one). its all about placement. getting back to loading, no, i dont know anybody who reloads them, i often thought about it myself. i'll have to check, but if im not mistaken, they are a little pricey to reload.
    What do you carry Bogey? I have a Beretta Jetfire, a Beretta 418, a Seecamp lws25, and a Bauer 25.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Westmoreland County)

I'm interested in this also.
    I got 5000 bullets 3000 brass and the dies but never got around to making any yet

I havent looked latly but I think reloading for this might be the way to go to save

I have a box of winchester super-x with the price tag on it $14.99 and that was years ago I got them

FWIW, I just looked at midway, and brass is 12 cents per, and bullets are 8.5 cents per.
    Tommy610, NRA Member, Romans 12:18

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by tommy610 View Post
    FWIW, I just looked at midway, and brass is 12 cents per, and bullets are 8.5 cents per.
    ty! beats the hell out of 30-35 cents a round. Especially with a couple loadings.

Quote Originally Posted by thelemite View Post
    What do you carry Bogey? I have a Beretta Jetfire, a Beretta 418, a Seecamp lws25, and a Bauer 25.
    i carry a beretta mod 950 bs fits perfectly in the back waistband.
    FJB

(Allegheny County)

I seriously considered loading them many years ago...I guess it was around 1990 when I got my carry license. At that time I saw an ad in Shotgun news for once fired .25 brass...$20/thousand. Several places were selling cast bullets for the .25. I never followed through, though. The .25 would be perfect for cast bullets for plinking/practice...at those velocities, even swaged lead probably wouldn't lead the barrel. Does anyone know if any commercial casters still sell .25 acp bullets?

Some years ago I got a Davis .32 acp derringer for shitz-n-giggles. One of my buddies reloaded .32 Magnum & loaned me his dies and gave me some 71 gr bullets....I managed to cobble together a couple hundred rounds to play with. Loading those little rounds is a bitch...you're always dropping something! At the price of .25 ammo nowadays (if you can even find any) I think the half-box of ammo I have will last me a lifetime!
    There are three kinds of people in this world....them what's good at math and them what ain't.

(Bucks County)

I loaded for the .25ACP. What a pain. Short case, little bullets= pinched fingers. My load was 1.1 grs. Bullseye, 50 grain FMJ, CCI small magnum pistol primers.
    About 700 FPS. Loaded 1000 of them years ago. Shot them in a Browning. Worked just fine.

Jeff
    NRA Benefactor member
    NRA 2nd Amendment Foundation
    Colt Collectors Association
    Browning Collectors Association
    Sharps Arms Collectors Association
    SASS Association

SANS PEUR et SANS REPROACHE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast