Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Talking i cleaned my ruger for the first time

well i did it i cleaned my ruger mark II for the first time bymyself with alil bit of direction and guidance by the bf but i did it YAY me. i broke a cleaning rod and spilled alil bit of the hopes 9 which the bf was lil annoyed i broke the rod. the next time i clean it im gonna see if i remember how i did it the last time and hope i dont have to ask questions but its a start for me. im proud of myself
    Last edited by spyro825; August 2nd, 2009 at 11:41 PM.
    ZRT (Head of Human Reproduction Dept.) sector 7

(Northampton County)

Default Re: i cleaned my ruger for the first time

Quote Originally Posted by spyro825 View Post
    well i did it i cleaned my ruger mark II for the first time bymyself with alil bit of direction and guidance by the bf but i did it YAY me. i broke a cleaning rod and spilled alil bit of the hopes 9 which the bf was lil annoyed i broke the rod. the next time i clean it im gonna see if i remember how i did it the last time and hope i dont have to ask questions but its a start for me. im proud of myself
    It's always a proud moment when you manage to take it apart and put it back together by yourself. I couldn't strip my SKS down until I was 18 and I had to try to remember how to do it from memory as I hadn't touched it in almost 6 years.

Next time you take it apart to clean it, you'll be an old pro at it. It seems complicated til you get it down then it's no problem.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Warpt762x39 View Post
    It's always a proud moment when you manage to take it apart and put it back together by yourself. I couldn't strip my SKS down until I was 18 and I had to try to remember how to do it from memory as I hadn't touched it in almost 6 years.

Next time you take it apart to clean it, you'll be an old pro at it. It seems complicated til you get it down then it's no problem.
    well i didnt take it apart just ran the rod down the bore the bf said i didnt run enough thru it to have to take it apart im hoping next time i take it i will do it then i listen to the bf about this since i dont really know what im doing yet i still need alot of practice

(Northampton County)

well i didnt take it apart just ran the rod down the bore the bf said i didnt run enough thru it to have to take it apart im hoping next time i take it i will do it then i listen to the bf about this since i dont really know what im doing yet i still need alot of practice
    No harm in practicing a few times before you take it to the range. It's good to know how to take your gun apart in the even you get a case stuck in the chamber. Which I've had happen a couple times with my .22lrs.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Warpt762x39 View Post
    No harm in practicing a few times before you take it to the range. It's good to know how to take your gun apart in the even you get a case stuck in the chamber. Which I've had happen a couple times with my .22lrs.
    oh i agree and i had it with me at the shoot yesterday just didnt do anything with till tonight and i figured out on my own how to un jam it , it took a few minutes but i got it and before going back to shoot it made sure with the bf it was totally unjamed we were at the range he goes to when that happen and i looked for him when it jamed but he was in the bathroom and i wasnt gonna wait till he got back
    Last edited by spyro825; August 3rd, 2009 at 03:08 PM.

(Luzerne County)

They are a lot of fun to put back together. I still keep the instructions handy when I am reassembling mine. I don't do it that often.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

I'm of the opinion that you do not need to clean a .22LR every time you shoot it. When you do break a Ruger down it is a challange to put ut back together. Some times it just falls in place and other times you want to pull your hair out.

(Allegheny County)

I'm curious what you did to break a rod...?

(Allegheny County)

(Monroe County)

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, you're not supposed to say things like this. Us gals who don't want to clean our guns are going to get razzed by our other halves. I like not having to do it, sure I know how to but that doesn't mean I want to, lol. Besides that cleaning crap stinks to holy hell.

Anywho, good job on your first clean. It will get easier each time you do it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast