Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Trust yes or no, or maybe just see a lawyer or just a living wil? Need help

I just bought my first suppressor and have been thinking of which route to go. Besides this suppressor thing I only have one child that is 5 years old right now. With me having and owning guns ranging from a handful of pistols, a couple of shotguns and dozens of long guns I would like to get things in order just in case something ever happens to me. With me only having one child everything will be going to her. At the same time if something happens to her and me at the same time I really don't have anyone else to give them to. Send them to an auction and donate the money or what?

(Mifflin County)

Default Re: Trust yes or no, or maybe just see a lawyer or just a living wil? Need help

Somebody's gonna say is so...might as well be me.....

Send them to me.

or, yeah, sale and donate proceeds to a favorite charity would likely work.

(Centre County)

Default Re: Trust yes or no, or maybe just see a lawyer or just a living wil? Need help

Just have a will made up, that way you can decide who gets what (your favorite charity, any extended family members, etc.) As for the suppressor, if you have it going to someone (a specific person) all that is required for that person to get it (including your daughter) is a Form 5 (Tax Exempt Transfer and Registration of Firearm - ATF Form 5320.5). Any FFL with their SOT can help with that.

Depending on your thoughts, you can give them to the NRA, GOA, 2A Foundation (I believe they all have some sort of legacy program) and they will dispose of them and use the monies to continue the fight against the anti's.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

Hokkmike Guest

Quote Originally Posted by skipnay View Post
    I just bought my first suppressor and have been thinking of which route to go. Besides this suppressor thing I only have one child that is 5 years old right now. With me having and owning guns ranging from a handful of pistols, a couple of shotguns and dozens of long guns I would like to get things in order just in case something ever happens to me. With me only having one child everything will be going to her. At the same time if something happens to her and me at the same time I really don't have anyone else to give them to. Send them to an auction and donate the money or what?
    You have no family?

(Philadelphia County)

Get a simple Will prepared. It will save your daughter a lot of aggravation later on.

Make sure you prepare a living will with instructions for DNR, organ donation, etc.

(Berks County)

Being a man with no kids, siblings that I don't like and wife who is a bit older than me I ask myself the same question. The last place I want my stuff to go is to my siblings. There must be a lot of people in the same situation. Let's make a deal, I'll will you mine and you will me yours. A will exchange.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    You have no family?
    Yes, my wife, my mom, my daughter. My uncle and also my aunt. The only two that aren't older then me is my wife and daughter.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Being a man with no kids, siblings that I don't like and wife who is a bit older than me I ask myself the same question. The last place I want my stuff to go is to my siblings. There must be a lot of people in the same situation. Let's make a deal, I'll will you mine and you will me yours. A will exchange.
    You need a will.
    You can set up so your guns go to the NRA.
    Your other items can be sold and the proceeds donated to a charity or cause of your choice.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    There are many people in your situation and they are selling their collections while they still have their mental facilities. Of course my comment pertains to more of the older among us.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    There are many people in your situation and they are selling their collections while they still have their mental facilities. Of course my comment pertains to more of the older among us.
    That's fine if you die of old age or have a warning of your death.

Having a will ensures your final wishes will be known.
    This is even if you have an accidental death.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast