Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default To Start With. Reloading

This is what I'm Thinking of. 9MM

Lee Deluxe Press Kit
    Tightgoup Powder
    H9MM CAL 124 GR HP/XTP

What Do You Think? Good/ Bad or something else?

Default Re: To Start With. Reloading

If you are going single stage get the Lee Classic Cast Press. If you are going turret, get the Lee Classic Turret kit from Cabela's or Kempf.
    The_Vigilante
    "A man can never own enough guns."

(Lebanon County)

if geting a single stage lee, get it with the breech lock deally. makes changing dies a breeze.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

What is the main differance between the 2 presses?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nomes View Post
    What is the main differance between the 2 presses?
    Classic Cast is the single stage press. It performs one operation at a time, then the die is changed for the next operation. This one has the breech lock on it so you don't have to screw your dies in and out between operations. It's a definite improvement over the older design of the same press! (The older design was called the Challenger.)

Classic Cast Turret Press Lets you perform all operations by just turning the "turret" to get to the next die between operations. There is a rod that can be inserted & removed from the bottom of the turret to allow it to either automatically, or manually spin to the next die. I started with the challenger press, but use this one exclusively now.
    Last edited by Don T.; February 17th, 2009 at 08:12 PM.

Deluxe $99.99

The rugged Turret Press along with the Auto Disk Powder Measure, produce top quality pistol ammo in a hurry. A finished round with a few pulls of the lever. Large enough to handle monster belted magnum rifle cases. When it is time to change calibers, simply lock in a new turret and begin loading within seconds. In addition to the Turret Press and Auto Disk Powder Measure; the kit includes the Lee Safety Scale, unmatched for sensitivity, a primer pocket cleaner, cutter and lockstud to trim the cases and a chamfer tool to deburr cases after trimming. A set of Lee Dies is all that is required to complete this reloading outfit. All this at a price that will allow you to pay for your investment in a matter of hours.

This press is ideal for handgun loading and with experienced hands, you can load over 200 rounds per hour. For those who wish to use the press as a single station press, the auto index feature can be disabled in seconds and then re-enabled in the same amount of time.

Once the dies have been adjusted, they never need readjusting. Simply snap the turret and dies into the press and you're ready to reload another caliber.
    The rugged Turret Press, along with the Auto Disk Powder Measure, produces top quality pistol ammo in a hurry. A finished round with a few pulls of the lever. Large enough to handle monster belted magnum rifle cases. When it is time to charge calibers, simply lock in a new turret and begin reloading in seconds. In addition to the Turret Press and Auto Disk Powder Measure; the kit includes the Lee Safety Scale, unmatched for sensitivity, a primer pocket cleaner, cutter and lockstud to trim the cases and a chamfer tool to deburr cases after trimming. A set of Lee Dies is all that is required to complete this reloading outfit. All of this at a price that will allow you to pay for your investment in a matter of hours.

This press is ideal for handgun loading and with experienced hands, you can load over 200 rounds per hour. For those who wish to use the press as a single station press, the auto index feature can be disabled in seconds and then re-enabled in the same amount of time.

Classic

Lee Classic Turret Press $94.99 Just Press

This press has all the features of the award-winning Turret Press with quality touches that make this the finest, most convenient press to own. The Classic Turret features the solid steel linkage of the Lee Classic Cast. Your first stroke of the hardwood gripped lever will convince you this is one, solid silky smooth press! The sturdy iron base shows its Classic Cast roots.

The long stroke allows rifle cases over three inches long to be loaded using the automatic index. Deactivate the Auto-Index and cases as long as the monster 50 BMG can be loaded. The rigid cast iron frame supports the ram with over 12 square inches of area. The industry's largest ram is drilled completely through to dispense primers in an attached clear PVC tube. Every primer is caught--guaranteed.

Instant change turrets are the same as the famous Lee Turret Press. The Classic Turret uses the new Lee Lever Primer System (LPS) and the Lee Safety Prime tool makes priming on the press a delight.

If you like to own the best, then treat yourself to the Lee Classic Turret. The finest reloading system made.

Lee Turret Press

Proven design with compound leverage. No spring in this turret design. The turret is locked into a solid steel ring with big rifle bolt type lugs. Patented design puts the lugs on the circumference so there can be no tipping. The linkage is so powerful that the largest magnum cases are sized with ease. Effort required is so small that the usual heavy bench is not essential. The Lee Turret Press has built-in primer catcher, longer stroke, more hand clearance and a comfortable wood grip. Even if you do not need all of these features, why pay more for anything less? In fact, you will want a Lee Turret Press even if you already own a more expensive one.

Four hole turret

By popular demand, the Turret Press is now available with a four station turret. This welcome upgrade allows you to install your Lee Factory Crimp Die, taper crimp die in the press. A simple conversion kit (below) is available if you want to add this feature to your 3-hole press.

I want to be as automated as possible But still Keep the cost down.
    These are the ones I looked at but maybe a better one a total of under $300. for the total setup not counting DIES.
    I have a set of Lyman dies for 9MM,38 special, and 357mag. I think they fit a Lee also.

Any suguestions?

(Schuylkill County)

Lee should really only have 3 presses:

Loadmaster
    Classic Cast
    Classic Cast Turret

The Reloader press and the Challenger are really, really outdated and are really only for pistol loads. Who is going to single stage pistol loads?

The Lee Hand press and Lee Loader are also very, very niche products.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Farbmeister View Post
    Lee should really only have 3 presses:

Loadmaster
    Classic Cast
    Classic Cast Turret

The Reloader press and the Challenger are really, really outdated and are really only for pistol loads. Who is going to single stage pistol loads?

The Lee Hand press and Lee Loader are also very, very niche products.
    I still single stage pistol loads.... =P

RCBS Rock Chucker FTW.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

It needs to reload 30-06 also

I like my single stage press, too

Presses have been pretty well covered, so I'll just second your choice of powder. Titegroup has been working VERY well for me in .38 Special, mid-range .357 Magnums, and 9mm. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works in .45 ACP.

Hornady XTPs have made for really accurate loads for me in the 3 calibers I'm already loading. But, they are pricey.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast