Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Just need to vent!!

Yesterday I was showing a co-worker the new Hornady Critical Defense ammo. I figured he would be interested being that he has a LTCF in our state. He looked at the round and says, "Are those 'cop-killer' rounds"? I asked him what the F*@K he was talking about, and that he was very irresponsible for using such a term. He then proceeded to say that if he went into any ammo shop and asked for "cop-killers" that the sales person would know what he needed. I quickly ended the conversation by adding, "If you go into any store by me and don't get your ass thrown out the door, consider yourself lucky". How stupid can people be?

(Berks County)

Default Re: Just need to vent!!

There are IDIOTS out there that believe any bullet with a hollow point is a "cop killer" bullet. Any type of bullet will kill a human, shot placement is more important. That guy probably has his loaded with rubber bullets

(Cambria County)

When he asked if those were cop-killer rounds, ya should have said, "No, they are dumbass-killer rounds. Quit being a dumbass!"

Okay, not really. Maybe you could have said, "These are special rounds, they only hurt bad-guys and actually replenish the hit-points of cops. I ordered them from Nintendo Power dot Com!"

The boring response... "The proper term is 'armor piercing' and no, these rounds are not armor piercing. Being that you are a pro-gun person you should recognize that calling armor piercing ammunition 'cop-killer' ammunition is a dramatic misrepresentation, similar in ways to calling a shotgun a suicide stick."

Being of the personality type that I am, if I had been confronted with a question like that, I would have looked at him straight as a judge and said,

"I don't think so. The law says that cop killer bullets need to be engraved as such on the inside of the hollow point for identification. I didn't see that on these, but maybe your eyesight is better."

I would then proceed to amuse myself by watching him try and see what, if anything, was written on the inside of the hollow point.

(Monroe County)

He thinks hollow points are "cop killer rounds"?

I'm questioning whether or not this guy even has an LTCF and if so why he obtained one in the first place.

"hi-cap" guns are criminal guns too.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Come on guys, we all started somewhere when it comes to our knowledge of firearms and the difference in terminology. This was a guy who is interested in personal protection and took the necessary steps to achieve that goal. That does not mean he is a gun guy or enthusiast. Cut him a break and educate him.

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    Come on guys, we all started somewhere when it comes to our knowledge of firearms and the difference in terminology. This was a guy who is interested in personal protection and took the necessary steps to achieve that goal. That does not mean he is a gun guy or enthusiast. Cut him a break and educate him.

I agree with you adymond. I would have given him some education in a nice way, but I have a personality flaw. I am a congenital class clown. The first time I met Headcase I hid his lunch when he left for a moment. I gave it back.

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    A lot of people just buy a gun, apply for an LTCF, maybe practice a bit and take a course or 2, and they never talk about the subject again. I have to admit that I can't tell you much about my truck, about its suspension, the gear ratio, whatever, because I just need it to work and get me back and forth from the gun shop and perhaps the courthouse from time to time. It's just a machine to me, it serves a function.

Most people (and I mean that literally, almost all people, maybe 90% or more) know what they know about guns from TV and movies. The news people tell them about the "gun show loophole" and "cop killer bullets" and "semiautomatic assault weapons". The movies show that a single 20-round magazine will last for a 5-minute firefight, on full-auto. Dianne Feinstein stated that she could kill every one of the other 99 Senators and their aides and the reporters and clerks by spraying bullets from a semi-auto AK with one drum mag. One .50 BMG bolt rifle can bring down jumbo jets using standard ball ammo. And a pair of blue tights will let you leap over tall buildings in a single bound.

The misinformation swamps the accurate info, and this is compounded by lying weasels like Josh Sugarmann who smugly discussed getting his way by relying on confusion between semi-autos and machineguns (and the media helped out by intentionally spreading false info before every vote, by talking about semi-autos while showing footage of machineguns ripping apart melons; so much for the honorable Constitutional function of the 4th Estate, they have willingly signed on as propagandists. At least whores get paid for prostituting themselves.)

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by spblademaker View Post
    Yesterday I was showing a co-worker the new Hornady Critical Defense ammo. I figured he would be interested being that he has a LTCF in our state. He looked at the round and says, "Are those 'cop-killer' rounds"? I asked him what the F*@K he was talking about, and that he was very irresponsible for using such a term. He then proceeded to say that if he went into any ammo shop and asked for "cop-killers" that the sales person would know what he needed. I quickly ended the conversation by adding, "If you go into any store by me and don't get your ass thrown out the door, consider yourself lucky". How stupid can people be?
    i think you suffered a case of premature irritation, ie, your mouth blew off too quickly. he obviously doesn't know much about firearms or firearm related things. the correct response would have been to educate him, not end the conversation. all you did was compound his ignorance.

(Mercer County)

Education is definitely a good thing. But one thing I gotta know:

Does he hold his handgun sideways to shoot?

*was laughing at the club scene in The Mask last night...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast