Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Losing Ground...

Seems from the posts I have been seeing on facebook that people who were previously not involved in the pro/anti gun debate are starting to slide over to the anti side. I find it disturbing to say the least. Has anyone else seen this on thier social media pages?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Losing Ground...

It's just a lot of jerks reacting, I mean knee jerk reactions.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Monroe County)

I'm actually seeing the opposite. People who I knew were anti. are spouting their normal b.s. Many people I know are on the fence are talking common sense, which is refreshing.

(Pike County)

i see us loosing ground also ,,but thank god the US house of representaves is with us

(York County)

You want to remember that liberals, by their very nature, are more activist and outspoken.

The Brady Campaign is running out of money (or so I'm told) for a reason. Gun ownership and carry permits are way up all over the country. Some of these new folks can get 'recharged' by hearing our side of the argument.

Remember, in the 1770's the vast majority of colonists spoke out to side with the King. Despite the numbers, we won our independence, but the win wasn't easy. The hubbub will die down soon. Most folks are very busy with Christmas shopping, wrapping, decorating, and still trying to find time to watch American Idol. The more activist and dedicated progressives will soon find themselves in the minority again. They're pumping this for all it's worth because they are desperate, and these kinds of opportunities are rare.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    You want to remember that liberals, by their very nature, are more activist and outspoken.

The Brady Campaign is running out of money (or so I'm told) for a reason. Gun ownership and carry permits are way up all over the country. Some of these new folks can get 'recharged' by hearing our side of the argument.

Remember, in the 1770's the vast majority of colonists spoke out to side with the King. Despite the numbers, we won our independence, but the win wasn't easy. The hubbub will die down soon. Most folks are very busy with Christmas shopping, wrapping, decorating, and still trying to find time to watch American Idol. The more activist and dedicated progressives will soon find themselves in the minority again. They're pumping this for all it's worth because they are desperate, and these kinds of opportunities are rare.
    Gotta say I agree with this.

About a year or so ago, I read somewhere that the Brady campaign was down to its last $10,000. This horrific incident will bolster their funds, but may prove ephemeral.

We also have the fiscal cliff coming up, and after that we have the debt ceiling limit. So while it looks dire now, I am not sure it will last. As horrific as that incident was, tramping on the Constitution to make ourselves feel good would be far worse.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

Maybe Im just jumping to conclusions. An old friend of mine, who has firearms, was saying "Assault weapons" should be banned. We went back and forth, He said shotguns, bolt rifles, and pistols were ok, no semi autos. I asked what he thought a sawed off 12 gauge loaded with 3 1/2" buckshot could do in a crowded room, IMO, more damage than any semi auto rifle. Couldnt get him on my side.

(Northampton County)

I find it very frustrating to listen to a rant full of misinformation, then when you politely try to correct them (not in a condescending way), and they just end the conversation with "I don't want to hear it" and walk away.
    Come to think of it, I can't remember ever having a calm back and forth exchange with a true liberal/progressive. Facts are not their friend.
    The question is, will you be on your feet or your knees?

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by vic2367 View Post
    i see us loosing ground also ,,but thank god the US house of representaves is with us
    That's not even funny.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by shawnmmckenna View Post
    Seems from the posts I have been seeing on facebook that people who were previously not involved in the pro/anti gun debate are starting to slide over to the anti side. I find it disturbing to say the least. Has anyone else seen this on thier social media pages?
    i believe the flaw in your thinking is to assume the people who you think are siding with the anti's were ever supporters of firearms ownership in the first place. i think most people who never supported firearm ownership but were never vocal about it are now chiming in due to the tragedy in CT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast