Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default Let me hear what you guys think?

So here is the story.

I've ordered couple of small parts for my 1911's this past saturday via company located in southern part of NY through their website.
    I paid 2~3 day priority shipping for it as well.

Items which I ordered were Hex Grip screw and new wood grip panel for ambi safety gun with magwell cut.

So come this wedsnday, pkg did not show up. It showed up today instead.
    My order tracking said that the they shipped pkg on 11/04/12(which obviously this is wrong info, since 4th would have been a sunday. but thats what their side is saying. WHatever...).

To make story short, they sent me a wrong grip panel. It was wood grip panel with magwell cut for single sided safety gun.

So here is what I'm thinking.
    This is not the first time I had the issue with this perticuler company.
    I ordrered something in the past(less then a year ago), and which they sent the worng parts. I Paid for same 2~3 day priority shipping then. But they sent the replacement parts in reguler mail. Which took 7 days to show up to my door(when they say a snail mail, they aint kidding!).
    So basically, I paid extra for a parts, which it ended up taking exactly a 10days to get, though no fault of mine.

So here I am, less then a year later, facing a same issue.
    But this time, I'm thinking I'm going to tell them that the I want them to send the replacement parts via priority shipping, since thats what I paid for, but I did not recieved parts I ordered for due to the screw up on their part.
    That, or refund my priority shipping.

Am I out of line if I request this?
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Let me hear what you guys think?

Not one bit.

I would demand next day shipping
    Nra, SAF, NJ2AS, GOA member

(Centre County)

yeah I sent him pretty strongly worded email. Will see what he'll say

(Franklin County)

So come this wedsnday, pkg did not show up. It showed up today instead.
    My order tracking said that the they shipped pkg on 11/04/12(which obviously this is wrong info, since 4th would have been a sunday. but thats what their side is saying.

They could have printed out the label on Sunday therefore will show that on the tracking info. I ship with the post office and priority mails 2 or 3 day shipping is a estimate and is not guaranteed. I sell a lot on ebay and run into this a lot with the people I sell to. On the other hand the one that took 7 days should not have been.

(Allegheny County)

Do we want to know who this company is?

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAVTXER View Post
    Do we want to know who this company is?
    Lets just say that this company only sells parts for 1911, and they also produce inhouse full custom 1911 as well.
    They are also a forum supporter over at 1911forum.com

I'm orignally from Oneonta NY. This compay is located not too far from where I used to live(Not Dan Wesson. They were actually closer then these guys are).
    So I feel like I like to I should support them as I feel like they are local business to me.

I would like to think that their shipping error is due to small company being overwhelmed with order, and so on. But who knows?
    I'd expect that the smaller that they are, they'd spent extra few seconds to make sure that orders are correct, so that they don't have to pay shipping again...
    While owner did made things right after few e-mail, but I got this feeling sort of like guy is thinking "are you serious? Over $50 worth of order? Geez..."...

Gut sent the email saying that replacement parts was sent out via priority. So it whould be here tomorrow or day after.

(Centre County)

So my replacement parts showed up today(well, it was here yasterday, but I was away to Wilkes Barre until few min. ago.

And this is what it said...

I'm not really sure as to what to say.

I'm not sure if I should be mad for sending me a replacement part that is NOT what I ordered?
    Or I checked the site, and parts I ordered is still listed as available?
    Or the fact there was not a word in regards to parts being sold out, and I was never informed that the I could wait for the parts, or he can send me a replacement thats similer, but not same as what I order?

All he had to do was a drop me a line and say "hey listen, parts you ordered is sold out. our mistake. You can wait for it to show up from my vender, and ship it over night, or I have something similer to what you orderd that I can send out right away"

I mean Perhaps some people likes half checkered grip rather then full checkerd, or whatever, but all I know is that after 10days and 2 day shipping paid, I still don't have what I set out to get.

The bright side is that now I have 2 brand new wood grip that I can sell, since they never said anything about sending the first one back.
    I'm keeping these for my trouble!