Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Member does a job and gets the bad guy....

In Todays Hazleton Standard Speaker

Robbery victim shoots robber

Published: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 4:13 AM EDT

An attempted robbery in Wilkes-Barre was foiled Sunday morning when the victim shot the would-be robber in the foot.

Police arrested two people in connection with the incident.

Suspects are Jerome Kuren, 31, Harrison Avenue., of Scranton and Melissa Dunn, 26, Pine Street, of Wilkes-Barre.

According to police, Craig Budde, 51, of Arthur Street, Hazleton, said he accompanied Dunn to 41 Pine St. at about 8:10 a.m. when Kuren confronted him, armed with a metal pipe. Kuren demanded Budde’s money, and Budde gave it to him.

Kuren then raised the pipe he was holding and approached Budde in a threatening manner. Budde produced a pistol and fired a round, striking Kuren in the foot.

Kuren was treated and released from Geisinger Wyoming Valley Hospital in Plains Township.

Budde is licensed to carry a concealed weapon, according to police.

Both Kuren and Dunn were taken into custody, and charges are pending while police continue to investigate.

Budde, along with his wife, Vilmarie Budde, has been active in efforts to organize a Guardian Angels chapter in the Hazleton area and has been involved with the Concerned Parents of the Hazleton Area. Although he has been licensed to carry a concealed firearm for many years, Budde said it’s a form of self defense you hope you never have to use.

“Nobody wants to be put in that type of situation. You hope you never have to use it,” Budde said.

When his attacker threatened him with the pipe and demanded money, Budde said he handed over his cash and figured he’d call the police afterward and provide a description. When Kuren raised the pipe again, Budde said he felt his life was in danger.

“When they tried to rob me, I thought, ‘Give him the money and call the police later,’” Budde explained. “When he came at me again, I thought, ‘I can’t fight him. I’m 51 years old, I’m disabled, I don’t have the strength to run’,” Budde said.

“I am just a citizen, minding my own business, doing nothing wrong,” he said. “I was within my rights.”

Police have filed no charges against Budde in the incident. But the aftermath has left the man somewhat unnerved.

“I’m alright. I’m still a little nervous. Nobody wants to be put in that type of situation,” Budde said.

– Erin Moody and Mia Light

This is CGBUDDE from this site...... WAY TO GO...
    Last edited by schr8er2000; May 12th, 2009 at 05:44 AM.

Default Re: Member does a job and gets the bad guy....

More and different details:

Police: Robbery leads to shooting in Wilkes-Barre

EDWARD LEWIS elewis@timesleader.com

WILKES-BARRE - A man claimed he fired his gun in self-defense after being threatened by a man carrying a pipe on Sunday.

Police said Craig Budde shot Jereme Kuren in the foot outside 41 Pine St. after Kuren robbed him of money inside the home.

Kuren, 31, of Harrison Avenue, Scranton, and Melissa Dunn, 26, of Pine St., were charged Monday morning with three counts of robbery, simple assault, criminal conspiracy, unlawful restraint and terroristic threats. They were jailed at the Luzerne County Correctional Facility for lack of $25,000 bail each.

Budde wasn't charged in the shooting.

According to the criminal complaints:

Budde told police he picked up Dunn on South Main Street when she waived at him. She told Budde her husband was in jail and they went to her Pine Street residence.

Prior to going to the residence, Budde took out $60 from an ATM.

While sitting in the living room, Budde claimed Kuren came downstairs carrying a pipe and demanded money from him. After Kuren grabbed Budde's wallet, Kuren told him he wasn't leaving the house.

Budde brandished a handgun and Kuren and Dunn ran out the back door. Budde followed them outside when Kuren approached him carrying the pipe. Budde fired a shot toward the ground hitting Kuren in the foot, the criminal complaint says.

Kuren was treated at a local hospital, police said

(Westmoreland County)

Just remember not to theorize or convince CGBUDDE into saying something he shouldn't while a pending investigation is going on. Let him talk to his lawyer ONLY until the dust settles!

(Luzerne County)

I KNOW CGBUDDE personally, and I am SURE he is doing just that... he knows he has to cover his butt.... and that he is getting his ducks in a row...

Just wish him well on this.... he needs our support and he has it from me.....

I'm not clear on something... it seems like he might have know this Melissa Dunn in some way... to be taking her to her house? Neither story says anything about this. That's even worse if he was acquainted with her and she set him up.

(Susquehanna County)

I know this is one of our own but the articles sound funky. What was he doing at Dunn's house because her husband was in jail? Why'd he hit the guy in the foot? I dont want to pressure for answers, I'm just curious.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    I'm not clear on something... it seems like he might have know this Melissa Dunn in some way... to be taking her to her house? Neither story says anything about this. That's even worse if he was acquainted with her and she set him up.

+1.

Apparently she is also a 'suspect'.

...And best well wishes sent. Indeed, no one wants to ever have to use it, but for "The Gravest Extreme", eh?

I hope this is all resolved favorably and quickly.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Allegheny County)

The ensuing mess that is about to happen(in this thread)will be a good reminder not to post anything about an incident publicly before retaining a lawyer and why it may not be the best idea to "out" the person involved unless they have given the "OK" to do so on their behalf.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

hope we can find out why he was shot in the foot. i have a couple theories but i am not going to post any here. just hope we get to hear the story in due time

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mchaley View Post
    Why'd he hit the guy in the foot?
    Absent any details, my presumptive guess would be either a) under pressure, he pulled the trigger before the gun was on target, or b) flinching.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast