Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Cannon Wide Body Safe

Any one have a Cannon Wide Body Safe? I just got a new 64 gun wide body from Tractor Supply and the door doesn't seem to seal tight. All the safe on display didn't seal tight either. The salesman said it was due to the smoke seal that expands when the temp from a fire heats it up. I did read this on Cannon's website as well but it just seems a little weird! I understand that the safe is not air tight but you think the door would seal a little better? Otherwise, I love the safe, big..roomy and heavy as hell! I had to use a heavy wrecker rotator boom to lower it down my outside basement walkout!

Also, what do you guys do with short guns like AR's? The barrels don't reach the barrel rests in the safe, LOL! #shortgunproblems

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Cannon Wide Body Safe

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    Also, what do you guys do with short guns like AR's? The barrels don't reach the barrel rests in the safe, LOL! #shortgunproblems
    Some folks use these: http://www.rapidalarm.com/stackon-miscellaneous.html

Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Perry County)

You can also use dowel rods in the barrels.

As for the door, mine also had/has some play, I had a Liberty Presidential and I have a Rhino now.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

I put a shelf down low to move the overall gun up so they would rest they way they should.

*void*

I use barrel rods and/or gun socks so I can stack them in the safe without damage. On one side I have a shelf to put all the shorter ones. The more I "live" with my safes the more I realize the rests/cutouts are pretty much worthless, and would have just preferred if they cut them out totally or left a solid overhang for the rods with velcro on them to attach to.

(Armstrong County)

I didn't realize people bought those on days other than black Friday

Did you remember to extend the stock on your AR when you get it to fit?

That's what I do.....but I dont own a 14.7 or 16" AR.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by danhr View Post
    I didn't realize people bought those on days other than black Friday

Did you remember to extend the stock on your AR when you get it to fit?

That's what I do.....but I dont own a 14.7 or 16" AR.
    Memorial Day specials...I got it for $599 out the door!

I have a 20" that fits fine fully extended but the 16" guns don't fit nor does my Yugo AK wood stock...I might try the dowel trick becaus I am only using 1 side for rifles and I can't put a shelf under because the 91-30's would be way too long, LOL!

(Washington County)

They have these rods: http://www.cabelas.com/product/Liber...Q&gclsrc=aw.ds

I needed many of them so I went to Ace and bought dowel rod and made a bunch from wood in various lengths and diameters. Got adhesive velcro from Walmart. Probably staple up a sheet of velcro if I had to do it again instead of using adhesive backed strips.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Lancaster County)

Any one have a Cannon Wide Body Safe? I just got a new 64 gun wide body from Tractor Supply and the door doesn't seem to seal tight. All the safe on display didn't seal tight either. The salesman said it was due to the smoke seal that expands when the temp from a fire heats it up. I did read this on Cannon's website as well but it just seems a little weird! I understand that the safe is not air tight but you think the door would seal a little better? Otherwise, I love the safe, big..roomy and heavy as hell! I had to use a heavy wrecker rotator boom to lower it down my outside basement walkout!

I have that same safe it's normal to be a little loose and I slip pieces of appropriate sized PVC pipe trimmed to fit sights when needed over my barrels for my shorter rifles, doesn't scratch anything and nothing ever gets stuck in the barrel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast