Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Gun Giveaway

(Bucks County)

Default Gun Giveaway

Just curious as to what you all think about this:

http://www.nbc10.com/news/10192455/detail.html

While I feel for those Amish schoolgirls and the families, what is a law banning gun giveaways to law abiding citizens who pass a background check gonna do for anything?

Default Re: Gun Giveaway

I think they should come with a choice of his and hers personally.
    If I was buying a new truck I'd be perfectly happy to get a free shotgun, actually....I could use a new truck and shotgun, where's this dealership?
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

(Perry County)

<SNIP> The ad campaign angered local resident Anabella Hampton

"I mean, what's next, a semi-automatic with the purchase of a house?" Hampton said.

Hampton wants to see if she's the only one angry about the gun give away, so she's started an online petition trying to create a law banning gun giveaways as a promotional incentive.

"We should be doing something to get guns off the street - not give them away," she said. <END SNIP>

Gee, Anabella doesn't seem like an anti-gun lib, does she? BTW, whoever proofreads the TV stations website should be fired. Shot Gun? The ad promises buys the free weapons? And that's just in the first two paragraphs!

Dave G.

(Berks County)

I see nothing wrong with the promotion if it's handled properly.

The people angry about this are the same people who got SPANKED in the Committee of the Whole. So, now when stuff like this happens, they call every news media outlet they can find to try and make an issue out of nothing.

This is just another attempt to see if people are willing to take up the gun control issue. Actually, it's probably more of an attempt to see if the 2A crowd is listening or not. As the saying goes, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease"; they hope if they squeal loud enough, someone will think there's a problem and attempt to address it.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Lebanon County)

Geez, how would this lady feel if the dealership gave away a semi-auto shotgun? Personally I think the giveaway is stereotyping truck owners. If you drive a pickup you must want a shotgun. For those who remember Cheech and Chong, it's kinda like ol Elmont T Slim down at wide track motors selling the pickup with the rifle rack and license plate #KKKU2. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with a gun giveaway.

(Allegheny County)

Seems like a continuation of the first scene of bowling for columbine, were whats-is-face gets a shotgun when he opened a bank account.

What does it matter? Its not like a criminal will be able to get a firearm as a part of a promotion.. they have to go through the checks that are standard for any firearm purchase.

Thats why most criminals aquire illegal firearms.

BTW, I think a semi-automatic included with a house is a fantastic idea!

In Ohio there was a quad dealer offering a hunter's package, quad buyers got a rem SG with their purchase.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly