Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Rohrbaugh R9 and/or R9s

I'm looking into getting a Rohrbaugh R9s (or an R9, depending upon what I can find) as a pocket-carry BUG.

To those members who own or have owned a Rohrbaugh R9 or R9s: What has your experience been? It seems from what I have read that these little gems can be VERY hit-or-miss in terms of functionality. I am aware of the ammo restrictions (Gold Dot standard pressure in 115gr. seems to be the favorite for reliability) and the relatively frequent recoil spring replacement requirements (every 100 or 500 or 1,000 rds., something silly like that). I also fully understand that this is not a range-gun, and is not designed to have 1,000's upon 1,000's of rounds dumped down the pipe.

My question, then, is directed to those of you who have used this pistol with the mentioned ammo, and have followed the proper pre-emptive maintenance regimen.

How has your Rohrbaugh performed?

Thanks in advance,
    -Bones

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Rohrbaugh R9 and/or R9s

aren't these extremely expensive pistols? you'd think with a price tag of over 1K they would all be flawless
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Rohrbaugh R9 and/or R9s

let me start by saying i have never owned or fired a rohrbaugh. i have handled one, in a shop in honesdale. they're very (aesthetically) nice guns; tiny, well formed, and i can easily see the appeal. they are also mega-ultra-maxi-stupid expensive. what gets me abut the price is this: the owner and designer of this gun has said that you need to change the recoil spring every 100-150 rounds! if i'm going to pay over a grand for a gun, it better shoot until my hands fall off.

so, yeah, there are my two cents.