Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: Which sub-compact .40 S&W would you get?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • CZ 2075 Rami

6 6.00%
  • Glock 27

45 45.00%
  • Springfield XD 40 sub-compact

49 49.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Which sub-compact .40 would you get?

If you were in the market for a sub-compact .40 S&W, which one would you get?

CZ 2075 Rami
    Glock 27
    Springfield XD 40 (sub-compact)

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Which sub-compact .40 would you get?

My brother has been looking at the RAMI lately and, in turn, so have I. The overall consensus I am seeing is that it's pretty finicky about ammo.

I'll take an XD over a Glock, though parts aren't readily available for XD's. Just something to consider.
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

I really like the XD's, I own an XD-45, but my best friend has the .40 and I love how it shoots. I do like the Glock 27's, they're a nice pistol, but the grip angle isn't quite as comfortable to me as the XD's. Please keep in mind that this is a personal preference, and you very well might like the grip angle on the glock better. I personally have no experience with the CZ pistol, so I cannot tell you good or bad things about it. Now, in reference to what D-Fens said, it is partially true. When the XD's were first getting popular, there were almost no aftermarket parts for it. There are a great deal more parts available now, and springfield does send some parts to you if you mail them your broken part, without having to send the whole pistol in. There are also other sears, triggerbars, recoil springs and guidrods, etc available for the XD's now. Parts are becoming less and less of an issue for the XD pistols, although you still cannot get as many parts for them as glocks. I will also say that one thing I like about the XD's over the glocks, is that the xd's have a metal guiderod, in the glocks it's plastic. They don't usually break in the glocks, but it happens sometimes. Go to the range, shoot all of them if you can, and pick the one that is the most comfortable to ya and that you feel is reliable.

(Northampton County)

While I have no experience with the other two choices, I have owned quite a few Glock pistols. I can honestly say I've never had a failure of any kind with the Glocks. They just plain work. I have owned a model 27, loved it and carried it for quite awhile. The Glock I'm currently carrying is their slightly slimmer model 36 .45acp. Having said all that, I believe the one you feel the most comfortable with and shoot the best would be your best choice.
    Don

(Allegheny County)

I've shot the xd 40 sub, xd 9 sub, 27, and own the 26. The Xd9 left a sour taste in my mouth after ftf's with 3 different brands of ammo, and 2 different mags. The xd40 wasn't bad at all, just don't like the safety on all of the XD's. The Glock 27 was an awesome gun, but not as manageable as the 26.

I know a couple of people who own compact and full size XD's, but went with the glock for subcompact carry gun (or one person just bought the 26 to have, but loves his XD 9 compact).

Cool Re: Which sub-compact .40 would you get?

Of those three choices, I would go with the Glock 27. It is the shortest with the longest barrel. I was planning to buy one for a while, but could not justify spending the money to get a pistol that was only 0.5" shorter than my Glock 27. I recently purchased a Kahr MK40. Only 5.35" long and simply disappears into a thunderwear holster or pocket.

Of those you listed, I would take the Glock 27. I haven't owned the CZ, but I did own the XD as well, and I sold that and kept the Glock. For me, it was more comfortable and easier to carry, it has good after market accessories and variety of holsters, and a proven track record of reliability. Now, I'm not saying the XD isn't relaible, which in fact it is, but my main reason for choosing Glock is that it was more comfortable for me, and and also I can throw in a 15 round mag (it accepts glock 22 mags) if I need more ammo.

(Wayne County)

Talking Re: Which sub-compact .40 would you get?

I've never had any experience with those three but did with the HK P2000 compact and will be getting one in the future. It pointed very naturally and shot flawlessly with no feed problems with five different ammo brands. It also had excellent accuracy.

go with the glock 27

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    I've never had any experience with those three but did with the HK P2000 compact and will be getting one in the future. It pointed very naturally and shot flawlessly with no feed problems with five different ammo brands. It also had excellent accuracy.
    i would LOVE one of these in SK. it's a little bit out of my price range right now but I may consider just saving up. I have a birthday coming up too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast